Proposal Writing & Business Development for NGOs |AUB NGOi In-Person Course
The Non-Governmental Organizations Initiative (NGOi) at the AUB Global Health Institute is offering a new in-person course on Proposal Writing & Business Development for NGOs.
This course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills needed to write competitive proposals and detailed budgets. The course also highlights the role of grants as main funding sources in the NGO's fundraising process and will guide participants on how to research and identify relevant potential funding opportunities, how to match funding sources with a project or organization, and how to distinguish among different types of funding sources including philanthropic foundations, private sector, and foreign governments. In this course, participants will be introduced to effective business development approaches used to seek strategic opportunities for organizational growth and development.
After the successful completion of the course, participants will be able to answer the following questions:
- How do we write a competitive proposal?
- What is the proposal writing formula?
- What are the Do’s and Don’ts of the proposal writing phase?
- How do we develop a budget for a proposal?
- What are the basic fundraising principles?
- Why are grants important?
- How to identify relevant grants?
- What is a Donor Pyramid?
- What is business development?
- What are effective approaches for business development?
> Early Bird: August 30, 2023
> Regular: September 5, 2023
Course Start Date
September 11, 2023
The duration of this course is 4 days. The course content covers a total of 30 hours including lecturing, case studies, homework, assessments, and other exercises.
September 11, 15, 18, & 19 | 9:30AM – 4:30PM (Beirut Time; GMT +3)
> For members of the NGOi network: 250$
> For non-members - Early Bird: 300$
> For non-members - Regular: 350$
Course Language of Instruction
Mode of Delivery
In-Person at AUB
- USD via Bank Transfer (Invoice issued by NGOi is needed)
- Cash USD at the AUB Cashier's Office (Invoice issued by NGOi is needed)
- NGOi Organizational Members benefit from a 20% discount on course registration fees for up to 5 staff members.
- NGOi Individual Members benefit from a 20% discount on course registration fee.
- A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION will be provided upon successful fulfillment of course requirements.
- This course does not require any pre-requisites.
To register and get more details, please visit this link.