Project Support Officer– EuroMed Rights, Lebanon
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter (in English) by December 8 2023 at midnight CET with the subject “Project Support Officer – Majalat II” to Marie Picalausa, Administrative, Financial & Human Resource Officer, at: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About EuroMed Rights
EuroMed Rights was founded in January 1997 in response to the Barcelona Declaration of November 1995 and the establishment of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership (EMP). It is the coordinating body of about 80 human rights organisations and institutions as well as individuals from over 30 countries. EuroMed Rights’ organisational structure is built on a general assembly, an executive committee, working groups and a secretariat.
Rooted in civil society the Network seeks to develop and strengthen partnerships between NGOs in the EuroMed region, i.e. networking aimed at strengthening the capacity of members to act and interact within the context of the region and the Barcelona process and other EU-Arab cooperation frameworks.
EuroMed Rights’ head office is situated in Copenhagen. The organisation also has offices in Brussels, Paris and Tunis. For further information, visit our website at www.euromedrights.org.
EuroMed Rights aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.
Description of Tasks
The Project Support Officer - Communication & Outreach plays an integral role in the development and implementation of Majalat II's communication and advocacy strategies, and contributes to the visibility, promotion and communication of project results to the project's various target audiences, including EU decision-makers, national authorities, donors, CSOs, the media and the general public.
The Project Support Officer will work under the overall supervision of the Director of Dialogue and direct supervision of the Senior Coordinator, in close coordination with the Majalat team. S/he will also work closely with Euromed Rights’ Communication and Advocacy teams, as well as the other Consortium organisations. S/he will undertake the following tasks:
- Contribute to develop, review and support the implementation of the project's communication strategy and outreach campaign, in accordance with the established objectives and timetable;
- Feed the EuroMed website and the Majalat II project digital platforms with relevant information related to the project activities and news related to the region and thematic areas;
- Oversee the consistency of the visual identity of the project and coordinate the communication work between the different organizations of the consortium;
- Create media and digital content about the project as well as promotional materials (articles, posts, press releases etc);
- Ensure editing, translation, publishing and promotion of videos, visuals, layouts and other;
- Cultivate close relationships with Southern Neighborhood and EU regional media to ensure good coverage of project activities;
- Plan for specific outreach and raise-awareness campaigns.
- Contribute to develop, review and support the implementation of the project's advocacy strategy in accordance with the established objectives and timetable;
- Monitor and report to the Senior Coordinator and the Consortium on the development of policy and legislative initiatives related to the project thematic areas at European and regional level;
- Follow up on specific advocacy objectives and support the identification of opportunities for advocacy missions in the EU, Member States and Southern Neighbourhood region;
- Assist in the organization of advocacy missions at EU level (EU institutions and Member States) and at national level: including the collection of background information, preparation of dissemination documents, and key messages.
- Contribute to the compilation and drafting of reports for donors;
- Support and contribute to internal reporting processes;
- Oversees the implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation process and collects data resulting from project activities to develop indicators in accordance with the logical framework.
Coordination support & logistics
- Assist in the organization of project activities in Lebanon and Jordan;
- Provide online support for the organization of Board meetings;
- Participate in relevant events and activities organized by the partner organization in Lebanon when possible
- Participate in various meetings, takes notes and drafts meeting reports.
Profile, Skills and Background
- Relevant university degree in journalism, communications, international relations, political science or similar;
- Demonstrated work experience in the design and development of communication and advocacy strategies for the promotion and dissemination of project results;
- Relevant experience in the management of digital platforms and social networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc.), the creation of media and promotional content (including articles, press releases and other);
- Experience in reporting and with M&E processes, preferably in the context of EU-funded projects;
- Excellent level of written and spoken English and Arabic, practical knowledge of French highly desirable;
- Knowledge of the functioning of EU institutions and EU foreign policy, in particular in relation to its Southern Neighbourhood is an asset;
- Knowledge of the media landscape in the Euro-Mediterranean region and experience in building press relations would be an asset;
- Self-motivated, well organized, attentive to detail, able to work independently and efficiently;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Positive attitude, flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- Computer literate in Office suite and online conferencing tools (Zoom/Teams), knowledge of video editing and various design tools (Indesign, Illustrator).