Trainer in Agriculture
Apply by sending an email to [email protected] using the following guidelines:
1- Subject: Trainer- Agriculture- Fish Med Net
2- Attach your CV and a Cover Letter
Trout farming plays a significant role in the aquaculture sector, providing a valuable source of food and income for communities. However, there is a growing concern over the environmental and social impacts of trout farming. To address these challenges, a training program will be developed to promote responsible food production and improve the bio-technical performance of trout farms.
The training program aims to achieve the following objectives:
A.1: Promote responsible food production for an environmentally and socially responsible value chain:
a. Encourage the development and adaptation of voluntary guidelines on environmental, food safety, fish welfare, and fish health and feed management for trout farms by engaging relevant stakeholders.
b. Promote the adoption of available international guidelines for Better Aquaculture Practices (BAP) among trout farming stakeholders.
A.2: Improve bio-technical performance of trout farms:
a. Organize capacity-building sessions on bio-technical aspects of farm management, specifically focusing on hatchery, pre-weaning, and on-growing stages.
b. Distribute printed guidelines on trout farming to farmers, offering them easy access to best practices and relevant information.
c. Raise awareness among trout farmers regarding fish health and welfare, emphasizing ethical aspects of fish treatments.
The training program is designed for trout farmers, aquaculture practitioners, farm managers, extension workers, and relevant stakeholders involved in the trout farming value chain.
The training program will cover the following key topics:
a. Introduction to responsible food production and the concept of a socially and environmentally responsible value chain.
b. Voluntary guidelines on environmental sustainability, food safety, fish welfare, and fish health and feed management for trout farms.
c. Best practices and implementation of Better Aquaculture Practices (BAP) in trout farming.
d. Bio-technical aspects of farm management, focusing on hatchery, pre-weaning, and on-growing stages.
e. Fish health and welfare: Understanding and implementing ethical treatment methods.
f. Practical tips for applying guidelines and best practices in day-to-day trout farming operations.
Duration and Schedule:
The training program will be conducted over a period of [1month].
- Program Development:
- Design and develop the training program in alignment with the objectives A.1 and A.2, ensuring it addresses the needs of the target audience (trout farmers, aquaculture practitioners, and other stakeholders).
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to create training modules and materials covering topics such as responsible food production, bio-technical aspects of farm management, fish health, and ethical treatment practices.
- Logistics and Planning:
- Organize the logistical aspects of the training program, including venue selection, scheduling, and participant registration.
- Coordinate with trainers, speakers, and experts to ensure their availability and smooth participation in the training sessions.
- Training Delivery:
- Facilitate and lead training sessions, workshops, and group discussions, providing clear explanations and practical demonstrations to enhance participants' understanding of the training material.
- Encourage active participation and engagement among attendees, fostering a positive learning environment.
1- Training Program Curriculum: Develop a comprehensive training curriculum that encompasses all the topics and objectives outlined in the Terms of Reference (TOR). This curriculum should include detailed training modules, presentations, handouts, and other educational materials.
2- Training Schedule: Prepare a detailed schedule outlining the dates, times, and locations of each training session. Ensure that the schedule accommodates the availability of trainers, speakers, and participants.
3- Training Materials: Create and compile all necessary training materials, such as slides, manuals, guidelines, and handouts. These materials should be informative, engaging, and aligned with the learning objectives.
4- Training Report: Prepare a comprehensive report summarizing the training program's activities, attendance, participant feedback, and outcomes. This report should include an analysis of the program's impact and recommendations for improvement.