Applications should be submitted in English and have an attached CV, cover letter, contact details of 2 references.
In the cover letter (of no more than one page in length) the candidate should briefly explain how their profile corresponds to the job requirements.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please send applications to [email protected] by , including "Programmes Manager" in the subject line.
Note that only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
Terms of Reference
About the centre
The Centre for Social Sciences Research and Action is an action-oriented, non-profit research centre for and about civil society.
We are a multidisciplinary space creating synergies and bridging between researchers, experts, civil society and NGO practitioners, and activists. The Centre for Social Sciences Research and Action aims to foster social change through innovative uses of social science, digital technologies, and publication and exchange of knowledge.
Job Purpose: Contribute to the development and sustainability of the centre by ensuring the strategic and day-to-day management of the programmes.
The Programmes Manager ensures the overall, strategic, and day-to-day management of the centre’s programmes and their smooth functioning.
Under the direct supervision of the co-Directors, the Programmes Manager’s main tasks include:
1) Project Coordination, Management, and Monitoring
- Provide coordination, effective management, and leadership to the centre’s programmes, to achieve the greatest impact possible;
- Ensure projects’ teams and counterparts are continuously involved, consulted and informed of ongoing progress;
- Manage the overall programmes by planning and tracking project activities in accordance with the projects agreements;
- Establish work plans, set performance targets and indicators, and identify challenges and strategies to achieve project aims in coordination with the relevant team members.
2) Grants Management
- Lead on the centre’s resource mobilization efforts;
- Track deliverables and communicate the project's progress to the co-directors, as well as external partners and donors;
- Lead on the coordination, preparation, and submission of donor reports in collaboration with other relevant centre units;
- Review financial progress, identify realignments where needed, and ensure resources are being effectively and efficiently used;
- Ensure implementation is in compliance with the centre’s internal policies as well as donors’ policies and procedures.
3) Coordination and Representation
- Act as focal point and liaison between the centre’s programmes and units as well as other stakeholders, where necessary.
- Identify synergies as well as opportunities across the region and globally, to enhance knowledge sharing as per the centre’s mandate, and liaise with research centres, universities and think tanks
- Perform other tasks as needed.
Masters degree in nonprofit management or relevant experience with a minimum of a Bachelor degree in management;
Excellent managerial and organizational skills;
Proven experience in similar posts in research centres or think tanks;
At least 7 years of experience in related field;
Outstanding writing, and analytical skills, and ability to communicate smoothly including giving and receiving feedback;
Excellent time management skills;
Fluency in English, Arabic, and French is required;
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good public presentation skills, and a very strong capacity for effective teamwork.