Cash for Protection Assistant - Beirut
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Please submit your application before 01 June 2023 https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/42142?c=rescue
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications by email will NOT be considered.
Job Overview: The Cash for protection assistant reports to the CASH for Protection Officer. He /She will be responsible for assessing referred cases against relevant criteria for protection cash assistance in the Beirut and Mount Lebanon areas.
Major Responsibilities: Major responsibilities of the Cash assistant are listed below:
- Act as a focal point for receiving CASH for protection referrals of individuals and families identified by front-liners.
- Conduct household visits to assess the needs of referred individuals and families and assess their eligibility for protection cash assistance linked to education outcomes.
- Ensure complete and updated documentation related to each individual case.
- Discuss selected cases’ eligibility with Protection and Cash Team leader.
- Regular update of program database, manage, file and store data, ensuring confidentiality of information collected/services provided.
- Ensure efficient communication and coordination with IRC different sectors field teams.
- Participate in weekly meetings, prepare, and submit weekly and monthly work plans in a timely manner to Protection and Cash team leader.
- Conduct short term outcomes of assisted cases on time.
- At least 2 years of experience in conducting field assessments and/or case management.
- Experience working with refugee population preferred.
- Preferable cash programs experience.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination, and safety of clients at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity, and flexibility.
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative and responsibly escalate issues.
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed and ability to handle pressure well.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel).
Education: Bachelor/Degree in Social work, Counseling, Psychology, or another related field
Language Skills: Arabic fluency required, ability to communicate and write clearly in English strongly preferred.
Combination of Standard office working environment (40%) and field trips (60%)
- جبل لبنان