Health Officer (Beirut/Mount Lebanon)
To apply, qualified applicants should send a resume or CV to: [email protected]. To ensure the timely review of your resume, please insert "Quality Control Officer - Arsal ” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please don’t wait for the last date to apply, as IOCC might start interviews before the deadline. Preferable that candidate resides in the areas of concern. IOCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce.
IOCC has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries and staff. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during working hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff, in addition to related mandatory training. All staff must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
The Health Officer will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of a health project in Beirut and Mount Lebanon areas and ensuring the completing of the activities on time. The officer must ensure excellent communication and timely follow up with all team members and all parties involved in the project.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Plan, supervise, manage, and monitor implementation of the project activities at the community, PHCC, and hospital levels.
- Supervise team at the area level, participate in the recruitment process of team members when applicable and conduct regular staff meetings to ensure proper fulfillment of tasks.
- Ensure data entry is being done correctly and in a timely manner by all field team members.
- Establish a good communication network with the different actors in intervention to facilitate the implementation of project activities.
- Support and build the capacity of the frontline staff and primary healthcare center staff, on different health and nutrition topics, where necessary.
- Report frequently the project updates, challenges, and issues to the supervisor.
- Attend and participate in IOCC meetings and other working group meetings as needed or requested.
- Submit weekly reports on achievements in Beirut and Mount Lebanon area and follow up on the monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure timely internal and external reporting
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor the project activities.
- Ensure timely reporting of the activities to the supervisor.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and initiative taker.
- Good report writing skills.
- Dynamic personality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English; French is a plus.
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience.
- Previous experience in NGO and humanitarian field is a must.
- جبل لبنان