Humanity & Inclusion is looking to recruit dynamic Education Officer Level 1 in Lebanon
Intersted candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Education Officer - 2023”.
Application without position title in the subject will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mission: Under the supervision of the Inclusion Project Manager and in close collaboration with the Technical Unit (RTU) / Regional Inclusive Education Field Technical Specialist, the Education Technical officer (Level 1) accompany project’s staff, partners and relevant actors and stakeholders in the implementation of the project and contributes to the project’s MEAL.
Line managed by: Project Manager
Functionally reports to: Education field technical specialist
-Internal: Country Manager, Operations Manager, project team, RTU, MEAL staff, support services staff.
-External: The project partners, the authorities in the project area of implementation, other stakeholders including local organizations, INGOs and UN agencies in the area of implementation, relevant Clusters/Working Groups.
Responsibility 1: Contribute to the development of tools for the project implementation and to the capacity building of the project team and partners.
Aim: Ensure the poject team and partners understand and are able to apply the chosen modalities of intervention in compliance with HI technical framework.
- Participate to the selection and contextualization of the modalities of intervention in compliance with HI technical framework.
- Contribute to the development and/or adaptation of methodologies and to the development of high complexity technical tools, including full training packages (training needs assessment tools, training manuals and materials, pre-post training tests), users guidelines, etc.;
- Develop or adapt low/medium complexity technical tools
- Organize and/or participate to the tools testing whenever appropriate and adjust them according to the results dof the test
- Provide ad-hoc support to the team during tools use including field coaching
- Contribute to assessing HI project team and/or project partner capacity building needs, to define suitable training plan and training package
- Train project’s partners and relevant actors and stakeholders on the methodologies and tools.
- Produce training and coaching reports and coordinate feedbacks with the service providers for srenghtening continuous staff development
Responsibility 2: Support the implementation of project activities.
Aim: Ensure that the project intervention contributes to positive outcomes for the beneficiaries
- Provide ad-hoc support, coaching and follow up to the project’s partners, actors and stakeholders during the implementation of the following activities:
- follow up, Coach and support other Local and International partners implementing their Inclusive Action Plan.
- Under the supervision of the PM and in coodination with the Inclusion FTS And Education FTS, identify with the project team most appropriate modalities of intervention and related tool.
- Based on monitoring outputs and teams feedback, adjust the tools.
- With MEAL TO & Field technical specialist support, contribute to the development of research/ survey terms of reference, protocole and related tools in close collaboration with the project team.
- Contribute with the team data collection as per the protocole defined, proceed with data analysis and the production of report
- Directly carry out the following activities:
- Review education curuculum for partners working in the formal or unformal eductaion sector and provide reports accordingly.
- In close coordination with the partner’s team, contribute to the development of the tools identified, organize their test whenever appropriate and adjust curriculum and tools according to the results of the testing.
- Provide coaching support to the partners team during tools use including field coaching
Responsibility 3: Contribute to project’s monitoring, lessons learning and reporting
Aim: Ensure the project intervention remains on the right track and it considers of good/bad/successful/failure practices
- Contribute to the development of high complexity data collection tools for documenting indicators, under the lead of RTU and MEAL; develop low/medium complexity data collection tools in collaboration with the Regional Technical Unit (RTU) and MEAL.
- Collect data in relation with core tasks and contribute to the measurement of the progress made.
- Support the Project Manager in analysing the data collected and in identifying necessary adjustments in the project implementation framework to improve the quality and impact of the intervention
- Contribute to the identification of good practices under the project
- Develop case studies and success stories to illustrate changes induced by the project and for communication use
- Contribute to planning and produce activity reports
- Contribute to the production of the donor report,
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of project quarterly review
- Participate to the organization of technical reviews and technical missions
- Participate to professional network at national level in the field of expertise of the project
- Contribute to the development of lessons learning exercise, data collection and analysis and the production of dissemination document
- Facilitate the field implementation of project’s evaluations and of researches
Confidentiality is required in all these responsibilities.
Note that this job description must remain flexible; to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree in the special education
- Fluent in Arabic and English Language (writing, reading and speaking)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience the field of expertise, in emergency or/ and development context
- Skills in developing training and providing coaching for capacity building
- Ability to develop information material
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work with partners, civil society organizations or public authorities
- Skills in users centered approach
- Knowledge of referrals mechanisms
- Ability to respect deadline and work under pressure
- Very positive personality, with strong orientation towards solutions
- Adaptability, flexibility
- Autonomy in work
- Excellent communication skills Proactive, solution maker, strongly positive, constructive and dynamic personality
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Basic salary for the position : The Educational Officer Level 1 position is going to be paid according to HI salary Grid..
Basic Salary 1700 USD
Closing date: 30/03/2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application should include CV and motivation letter. Incomplete motivation letters and applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Interested candidates send their CV to [email protected] with the subject Education Officer - 2023