Digital Communication Officer - Lebanon
Please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected] By Tuesday 10 January 2023
EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy network that provides expertise in the field of gender equality and women’s rights as inseparable from democracy building and citizenship. EFI advocates for political solutions to all conflicts, and for the right of peoples to self-determination. EFI seeks to improve and promote women’s rights as universal human rights, the value of gender equality and the use of non-violent means to solve conflicts. EFI is implementing a long-term program that supports political transition in Syria through gender-sensitive social reconstruction.
EFI Headquarters is in Paris, France, with offices in Amman and Beirut.
This position is required in EFI Beirut office.
The overall responsibility as a Digital Communication Officer – Beirut office is:
- Further contributes to EFI’s overall communication, media and visibility strategy, coordinate with EFI program teams and partners and liaise with counterparts to that end.
- Contribute to promoting EFI’s goals and vision.
The roles and responsibilities are:
- Responsible for managing the online content of EFI website: in close collaboration with the Advocacy and Communication Manager and programs’ teams, create content, liaise with communication agencies to develop designs and the website updated (including uploading articles, news, calendar of events, pictures, publications and other documents when available).
- Enhance established communication pathways, ensuring that the selected target groups can access, receive, send, and exchange useful, comprehensible, safe, and relevant information.
- Raise visibility of programs outcomes, research, findings, and policy materials.
- Make sure produced material adhere to communications and visibility guidelines.
- Develop online media strategies for website and social media channels that help the organization achieve visibility and communications objectives and in line with the EFI’s media and communication plan and EU visibility guidelines.
- Quickly understand and analyse complex challenges within the region and come up with sound communication and dissemination response, keeping in mind the sensitivity of the Syrian context.
- Edit and proofread EFI communications materials.
- Manage creation, production, and dissemination of printed publications including brochures and booklets for the EFI and partners´ projects and programs.
- Use analytics tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google) and interpret data to present meaningful insights and use them to continually improve strategy and create visibility reports for management.
- Establish and maintain relationships with media, prepare media press and ensure large media coverage of all events organized by EFI.
- Monitor media and any development or backlash on women’s rights and gender equality and suggest position papers.
- Support organization of events and meetings aimed at raising EFI’s profile, engaging new audiences in its work and strengthening its support base; ensure there is a coverage of all activities.
- Ensure the follow up with communication agencies for any activity related to graphic design, photography, filmmaking, media campaigns.
- Follow up and monitor communication and visibility programs budget; works closely with Finance Team and Logistics Team in respect of EFI main framework such as procurement, ethical guidelines and anti-corruption.
- This position reports directly to Advocacy and Communication Manager in Paris and cooperates closely with Communication and Visibility Officer in Amman.
- Close collaboration with Senior Program Manager for Syria and Head of Programs, program managers, Projects officers and coordinators.
- Cooperation and coordination with the Executive Director.
- University degree with preference in communication, public relations or social sciences.
- In-depth experience in digital communications: content creation for website and social media. Experience in using analytics tools from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn for data interpretation and report production. Facebook Paid Advertising experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Arabic is essential. French language is a plus. Excellent command of Microsoft Office application especially Publisher, Power Point. Desirable knowledge in graphic design, editing, photoshop.
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience is required. This may include previous work experience in communication, journalism or public relations, at civil society organizations, NGOs, governmental or intergovernmental institutions
- Demonstrate experience in websites’ management (creation of contents, technical language, follow up with agencies).
- Demonstrable experience communicating to audiences through traditional and social media channels.
- Awareness of relevant traditional and digital media networks and platforms within the region.
- Experience in assessing digital communication tools (analytics).
- Ability to carry out successful media outreach campaigns.
- Ability to draft and edit written material accurately, concisely and appropriately for a particular audience.
- Proven experience in producing quality creative materials for print, broadcast or digital tools.
- Great eye for design.
- Understand key legal aspects of social media management and content creation (e.g. donors’ visibility rules, copyright, privacy and consents, etc.).
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the EuroMed Feminist Initiative with regards gender equality and women’s rights.
- Excellent understanding of the political and social context within the region and ability to engage with various stakeholders.
- Knowledge of women’s rights, international law, including human rights, humanitarian law, and regional and international human rights mechanisms is an asset.
- Can-do and positive attitudes. Team spirit.
- Problem solving oriented.
- Willingness to take initiative, work independently (with little supervision sometimes) and think creatively.
- Ability to multi-tasking, including having excellent planning, organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure (in times of campaigns and events’ organisation)
- Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way, presents effectively.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- This role is open for qualified Lebanese candidates.
- Duty station is in Beirut.
- A fixed-term position with contract length of 12 (twelve) months extendable.
- Travel requirement within the region particularly to EFI Amman regional office as well as to Paris HQ.
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.