To apply, please email the Centre for Social Sciences Research & Action expressing interest in the position and attach the following in English, in one PDF file: A CV, detailing all relative experience and education- along with dates, A cover letter that explains how the candidate fulfills the job requirements, Two (2) references.
Please send applications to [email protected] by 8 August 2022, including "Administration Assistant" in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The Centre for Social Sciences Research & Action is an equal opportunity employer.
The Administration Assistant will be responsible for all broad administrative support functions, which include execution of administrative tasks as summarized below:
- Support the day-to-day administrative and financial management of the programs and projects;
- Prepare contracts based on ToRs and follow up on their signature;
- Prepare attendance lists for all activities and administrative/ project support lists: contact lists, suppliers list, staff, interns and consultants lists;
- File all the centre’s (also at the programmatic and project level) documents;
- Monitor and coordinate the upkeep and maintenance of the premises with services providers and municipal/government counterparts as per contracts, basic and lease agreements for the property;
- Perform the procurement process according to the appropriate regulation
- Administer and manage the logistics and contracts for services with service providers;
- Update and maintain comprehensive inventories of the programmes resources;
- Support programme and project team in the fulfillment of their duties;
- Be responsible for day-to-day correspondence, information sharing and filing ensuring that appropriate follow-up actions are taken;
- Assist in events and activities coordination;
- Handle all telephone calls and organize and schedule meetings and appointments;
- Receive and direct visitors and provide them with general support;
- Collaborate with the responsible officer, when available, in the planning, organisation, implementation, and evaluation of the administrative services;
- Prepare PVs, expense claims, checks, bank transfers in addition to cash disbursements to staff, suppliers, service providers…;
- Prepare all reimbursements after double-checking the reimbursement requests against receipts provided;
- Establishing and maintaining a proper filing system for all financial documents (electronically and physically);
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- 2-3 years of clerical, secretarial, or office experience in a non-profit.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, in both Arabic and English.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to give and receive feedback constructively
- Ability to complete tasks on time.
- Ability to work independently, coordinate, and plan with relevant team members
- Capable of working both individually and as part of a team.