Interested Candidates should send their cover letter and CV via email: [email protected], with Subject: "MEAL Officer - Beirut"
Applications submitted without Title will be disregarded
*Field visits in Palestinian camps is a must.
The Women’s Programs Association (WPA) is seeking dynamic, analytical, and highly motivated individual for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer for its office. Under the direct supervision of the Programs Manager the MEAL Officer is responsible for the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning activities. The MEAL Officer contributes to overall program quality through the coordination, and implementation of enhanced monitoring and evaluation, accountability, and learning strategies; the emphasis is on streamlining processes and tools for efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability across WPA’s various sectors and activities.
Specifically s/he is responsible to oversee projects’ activities related to data collection, database management, supportive supervision, and coordination of review meetings and periodic reporting. S/He is responsible to keep a reliable and quality database at all levels and write quality monthly, quarterly and annual project reports.
This position is based in Beirut, and requires frequent travel to palestinian camps. Then incumbent will be reporting to the Program Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Develop M&E tools, databases and monthly reporting formats
- Support the staff in mobile data collection using special apps to collect and analyze data
- Conduct data audits and analysis to ensure high quality data, compile a report with relevant indicator data per project showing targets versus actuals on a monthly basis
- Provide a quarterly gender and age disaggregated beneficiary overview per project
- Manage the development of effective and sustainable feedback mechanisms to WPA from project beneficiaries/stakeholders
- Undertake regular visits to the field, jointly with projects officers, to support monitoring processes, spot check data collection, data quality, analysis, reporting on progress
- Actively participate in project review meetings to assess progress
- Support and ensure that project data are timely collected, entered to database and used for quarterly and annual reporting, and support in the analysis and use of data
- Support projects’ team to monitor timely implementation overall project work plans and budget utilization
- Provide monitoring and evaluation coaching to relevant staff engaged in data management and utilization
- Ensure relevant, timely, and quality support to the Field Office on assessments and evaluations; i.e. support in developing the survey tools, data analysis and report writing
- Attend and participate in regular meetings with Program Manager and project Coordinators on project monitoring and learning updates, achievements, challenges
- Provide documentation and dissemination of key findings stemming from monitoring, assessment, and other learning activities
- Collect and file success stories, pictures etc.
- Participate in monthly MEAL meeting and prepares meeting minutes with action points for the follow up and documentation
- Performs other related tasks, as required
- Minimum of four years’ progressively responsible experience in similar role/with similar responsibilities with NGOs or other organizations
- Minimum three years-experience in the design and implementation of M&E systems for development or humanitarian projects
- Proficient in MS Office and in Information Management Systems expertise (e.g., Database management or data analysis software skills)
- Demonstrated understanding of direct monitoring and evaluation experience, specifically in the humanitarian and development context
- Demonstrated experience developing tools and systems for program tracking and documentation and knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies
- Effective, high-quality communication, writing, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Proficiency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Ability to work under pressure and high workload
- Ability to independently organize work and prioritize tasks
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptation capacity