MENTAL HEALTH CASEWORKER
Please mention the title of the position you are applying for in the object of your email.
- Amel Association International is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- Amel has a Zero Tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment: Candidates will not be considered for employment with Amel if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
The Mental Health Caseworker is part of the mental health team and works closely with the mental health nurse, psychiatrist and psychotherapist. He/She supports the team with mental health screening, assessment, medication administration and follow up.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to conduct a full assessment of a person’s needs including mental health needs and refer people in need of mental health support/treatment to the proper mental health professional within the PHC’s mental health unit.
- Fill the intake form for each beneficiary accessing the mental health services. Effectively assess and support persons in crisis. Provide appropriate psycho-social support including home-visits and psychoeducation to beneficiaries when needed and their families.
- Provide case-management and follow up on appointment’s scheduling for beneficiaries accessing the mental health (MH) services. Ability to identify and mobilize resources in the beneficiary’s family/community.
- Coordinate with the multidisciplinary team for the implementation of all MH interventions and activities. Facilitate the integration of MH into primary health care (PHC)in coordination with the PHC’s head of center.
- Organize outreach activities within the surrounding communities and provide awareness sessions inside and outside the PHC.
- Participate in network/coordination meetings with key actors, NGO’s/INGO’s, local authorities, hospitals etc.
- Act as the PHC focal point for matters related to MH. Be responsible for the MH helpline.
- Report on mental health and data collection, respecting deadlines.
- Participate in related training and internal meetings.
- Behave with self-restraint at all times and respect the dignity and confidentiality of the beneficiaries.
- Work as part of a team and participate in all activities of the mental health unit.
- Believe in concepts of equity, human rights, neutrality and impartiality.
- Demonstrate motivation and creativity at work
- Respect each team member’s and partner’s position, work and specialty.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity.
- بعلبك الهرمل