REQUIRES A COVER LETTER?:
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
All CVs without this subject line or cover letters will not be considered.
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the supply chain & procurement within the organization
- To provide technical, mechanical, electrical, and logistical support to all AICA’s activities
- To give technical advice and support to the projects
- Provide monthly logistics report and narrative to Head of Operations
- Asset and fleet management
- To manage the logistic officers.
- Along with the Head of Operations work on security issues
- Designing, supervising and monitoring costs of any new construction, rehabilitation or maintenance to buildings and structures within project sites. Ensure workmanship is of high quality.
Main responsibilities and activities of the logistic manager can change according to the organization of the work and to the composition of the team
1. Supply & procurement
- Ensure that PO (Purchase Orders) , RFQ (Quotation Requests) and CBA (Bid Analysis) are properly generated and used.
- Ensure that all logistic files are correct, up to date and duly uploaded in Google Drive
- Ensure an efficient, transparent and cost-savings purchase system in accordance with the program’s needs and AICA’s and donors’ procedures (vehicle, lease, supply, etc…)
- Set up framework agreements for commonly purchased items to reduce procurement lead times and administration.
- Draft contracts for vehicle rental, premises rental, maintenance, suppliers or tenders
- Follow up on contract time frame
- Ensure the correct application of AICA’s internal procurement procedures and check that the requests have all necessary information for processing and comply with donor’s requirements
- Oversee the set up and maintenance of a preferred supplier database, (price list) and conduct regular evaluation of existing suppliers. (Suppliers due diligence)
- Validates the invoices from suppliers and transfer the file for payment after checking:
- Goods are physically received (delivery note is signed or entry in stock are done) and corresponding to what was ordered in term of quantity and quality.
- The prices negotiated are respected
2. Fleet management
- Final responsible for the transport of staff and goods according to the needs of the Program (efficiency in transport, analysis of consumption…)
- Review the weekly vehicle allocation prepared by the logistic officer. (Movement plan)
- Review fuel consumption rates of all individual fleet vehicles over time and present results to the Support Services Coordinator on a monthly basis.
- Oversee the usage & maintenance of vehicles.
- Regularly review vehicle provider provision in Lebanon and if suitable suggest improvements.
- Act as the focal point for queries between departmental managers and the logistics department.
- If required, participate to logistic meetings with other NGOs.
- Taking over responsibility as deputy Head of Operations when required by the Head of Operations & CEO.
- In close coordination with the Head of Operations or CEO, ensure a proper information flow on security matters.
- Ensure proper security rules implementations and CEO instructions implementation.
- Acting as the focal point referent in the security information flow
- Attend meetings security issues with UN agencies or NGOs.
- Ensure the contact list is up to date and communicated to the other department.
- Ensure necessary minimum equipment for visitor and staff (phone, security companion, cash sealed envelope)
- Responsible for the security weekly update and clearance
5. Facilities and asset management
- Ensure a proper and transparent stock management system for the equipment and the logistic stock (inventory control, equipment sheets…)
- Conduct full fixed asset verification on a trimestral basis, and update the fixed asset register for any discrepancies.
- Ensure assets issued to and received back from staff are correctly recorded.
- Ensure all assets are labelled and easily traceable from and to the fixed asset register.
- Ensure a good and regularly maintenance of the program’s premises (office, clinics, warehouse & Kitchen) and vehicles.
- Ensure an efficient communication system (computers, internet, and telephone)
- Ensure maintenance of computers, and IT equipment along with the IT department and or maintenance company.
6. Human resources
- Build the capacity of the existing logistics team and pursuit training opportunities
- Plan annual leave for departmental staff to ensure there is sufficient logistical resource available at all times.
- Carry out performance appraisals for all staff managed every year and ensure that this staffs appraise their direct reports to the same timescale.
- Lead on the logistics staff recruitments
- Translate verbally and by written when necessary
- Perform any other additional duty on request of his/her supervisor
- Respect AICA principles/values and do not accept gifts in form of financial or any other compensation (ex: items/materials, food, drinks) from suppliers, traders, contractors, patients/ caregivers
- Prepare a monthly report on logistic activities
- To behave with self-restraint at all times and respect the dignity of the beneficiaries.
- To believe in concepts of equity, human rights, neutrality and impartiality.
- Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in any capacity building activities.
- Respect each team member’s position, work and specialty.
- Adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor.
- Bachelors level qualification in relevant field, or equivalent in supply chain management, or academic qualification in engineering with strong knowledge of logistics procedures.
- 5 years of experience.
- Experience of managing staff.
- Experience in NGO will be valued
- Leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to act as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate
- Ability to cope with stress, work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability, and patience
- Ability to motivate and develop skills of others
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to assess problems and recommend solutions
- Proficient in spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Good computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
Clear understanding of donor compliance and traceability is essential.