Procurement and Logistic Internship
Any application not sent to the link below will not be taken into consideration
- Handling Procurement:
- Contact local sources of supply, get price quotations, and assist in the selection of vendors
- Contact vendors to resolve problems with late shipment, damaged items, incorrect products or incorrect prices
- Follow up and keep track to close any pending request or purchase order
- Keep accurate records of payment and delivery of goods and services
- Maintain purchasing files and records
- Ensure the timely and well documented delivery of supplies to respective War Child Holland field offices in coordination with the Security and Logistics Advisor.
- Receive the goods as per the description on the purchase order/request. Inspects goods upon delivery and rejects inadequate, broken, lower quality and other items not meeting the requirements of the order
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability, and delivery.
- Check that purchase request and order forms are filled properly.
- Coordinates warranty, Maintenance, and insurance claims for all assets/ inventory items;
- Builds and maintains good professional working relationship with suppliers;
- Ensure that WCH Procurement manual procedures are respected.
- Check that advances given for the purchases are justified by invoices and proper purchase documents
- Ensure that no procurements are carried out without Budget Holder approval, either directly or as properly delegated.
- Suppliers are managed professionally, impartially and with no appearance of impropriety.
- Documentation demonstrating accountability for each order is filed appropriately.
- Finalize and maintains up to date data base of authorized and preferred suppliers/ vendors/ consultants, collect and prepares all necessary supporting documents for authorizations granting and renewals by the committee.
Result: Procurement activities for all projects are done on time in such a matter that WCH procedures and donor regulations.
- Warehousing Management: Daily Follow-up
- Organizing transport arrangements between warehouses and to distribution locations, ensuring goods are transported in appropriate conditions according to their specific requirements and providing the appropriate documentation to accompany the transport.
- Ensuring all incoming and outgoing stock is managed according to the Warehousing and Stock Management Standard, Policy and the Logistics Manual.
- Ensuring all associated paperwork is completed and filed correctly so that there is a clear auditable trail for all stock movements.
- Alerting Budget Holders/Program Managers when stocks are approaching minimum stock levels or perishable goods are approaching their expiry date, and carrying out any required destruction of stock
- Loading, offloading and stacking goods (additional staff may need to be hired for specific dispatches)
- Ensure the management of the stock
- Decide to adjust the period of the inventory check according to the situation.
- Generate and follow proper computed inventory of the stock.
- Supervise reception of all materials and check and validate properly the waybills,
- Estimate stock capacity according to purchase order that is done, estimate additional space for the shelves and pallets for future orders.
Result: All daily logistics matters are handled in such a way that the warehouses are running efficiently.
- Assists the Logistics officer to ensure that all assets are recorded, managed and disposed of according to the Asset Guidance within the Finance Manual, with tasks including.
- Tagging of all new assets
- Ensuring damaged or broken assets are reported and filing of all Repairs/Return Requests
- Ensure lost or stolen assets are reported and filing of lost & theft reports.
- To ensure efficient maintenance and upkeep the office, electricity and water etc
- To monitor the consumption records of all stationary and consumables such as printer cartridges, paper, pens, folders, coffee, drinking water, cleaning products etc
- Support in keeping inventory of all equipment and ensure its regular update
Result: procurement and logistics matters are handled in such a way that the office is running efficiently.
Any other task appointed by the line manager
Knowledge and Experience
BS Degree in related field
Minimum of 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of logistics and administration
- Strong planning and organizing skills to handle multiple tasks with deadlines
- Fluent English and Arabic
- Good computer skills
- Team player
- Result focused and cost-conscious;
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with team members
- Social and communication skills
- Good organizations skills