Senior Field Officer-Agriculture
Interested candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter that includes detailed description of past work in conducting similar trainings to demonstrate their qualifications on the following email: [email protected]
Please mention the title of the position in the email's subject.
Mada is seeking senior field officer with experience in Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) proejcts/ trainings (i.e. soil preparation, fertilization, irrigation, composting, integrated pest management, harvest, post-harvest, packaging, etc…) for farmers, implement day to day project activities, conduct field-monitoring visits, distributions, coordinate the trainings, report challenges and risks in Minnieh-Donnieh, North Lebanon.
Under the supervision of the project coordinator, the Senior field officer will work closely with the farmers, households, unemployed youth and cooperatives, mainly youth and women, to coordinate the trainings on different agricultural, marketing and management topics, create a healthy training environment and provide support as necessary. The senior field officer will be responsibkle for monitoring visits, follow up with the beneficiairies and the distributions.
- Ensure that the project/activities under his/her responsibility are delivered on time, and in line with the project proposals, timeline and logical frameworks.
- Ensure constant follow-up with the supported groups to identify needs and adapt support in coordination with the Program Coordinator.
- Follow up on the missions of consultants who provide technical support to the supported groups
- Conduct field-monitoring and follow-up visits.
- Giving constructive and objective feedback to ensure professional development.
- Documenting and reporting all visits in writing to be submitted regularly to the Project Coordinator.
- Coordinate the theoretical and practical agricultural trainings to the supported groups.
- Coordinate with the Admin and Finance Manager to provide supporting documentation, and any other required documents under the supervision of the project coordinator.
- Collect data using objective evaluation tools in order to select the beneficiaries.
- Contain challenges and manage problems.
- Professionally handle and address any complaints, report issues back to the Project Coordinator.
- Ensure that communication with the beneficiaries is clear, identify gaps and report back to Project Coordinator.
Minimum Qualification and experience
- University degree in agricultural engineer
- Full adherence to Mada’s mission and vision, as well as Ethics Code.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in delivering similar trainings.
- 2-3 years of experience working in NGOs in the agriculture sector.
- Good organizational, coordination and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Having previous working experience in Minnieh-Donnieh is a plus.