To apply, qualified applicants should send a resume or CV to: [email protected]. To ensure the timely review of your resume, please insert "DPart-time Psychologist” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please don’t wait for the last date to apply, as IOCC might start interviews before the deadline. Preferable that candidate resides in the areas of concern. IOCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce.
IOCC has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries and staff. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during working hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff, in addition to related mandatory training. All staff must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
The Part-time Psychologist will be responsible for providing mental health services for beneficiaries as well as supporting PHCC Staff with mental health screening, assessment and case management.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Provide mental health specialized services and consultations at the 3 supported PHCCs.
- Provide structured clinical assessments and clear case formulation.
- Collect data from beneficiaries and fill out the necessary forms for each session conducted.
- Ensure efficient data collection by filling in the Mental Health database on a daily basis.
- Recognize mental health priority conditions as per the mhGAP.
- Develop a consistent and acceptable treatment plan with clear objectives
- Monitor and evaluate the psychological progress of the beneficiary.
- Make necessary and timely referrals when needed, respecting confidentiality and the beneficiary’s right
- Hold regular meetings with the mental health team to follow up on the beneficiaries’ status and psychosocial intervention.
- Provide onsite trainings and support for PHC staff.
- Support in conducting awareness sessions and outreach activities when needed.
- Ensure timely reporting of the activities to the mental health officer and Senior Health Officer
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and initiative taker.
- Good report writing skills.
- Ability to communicate with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Advanced knowledge in psychosocial / psychological interventions
- Dynamic personality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet use.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English; French is a plus.
- 2-5 years of work experience.
- Previous experience in NGO and humanitarian field is an advantage.
- Previous experience in working with children and vulnerable populations is an advantage.
- Roving between the 3 supported PHCs with visits to IOCC office when needed
- جبل لبنان