Community Mobilizer Consultant
To apply, qualified applicants should send a resume or CV to: [email protected]. To ensure the timely review of your resume, please insert "Community Mobilizer Consultant” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please don’t wait for the last date to apply, as IOCC might start interviews before the deadline. Preferable that candidate resides in the areas of concern. IOCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce.
IOCC has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries and staff. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during working hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff, in addition to related mandatory training. All staff must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
The Consultant will be responsible for the establishment of Public Health Committees within the municipalities located in different governorates in Lebanon. The consultant will be in charge of monitoring and following up on the established committees ensuring smooth implementation.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Follow up with the municipalities and make sure that they establish the Public Health Committees or strengthen the ongoing Public Health Committees
- Provide continuous support and follow up with the interns working on same project activities
- Conduct workshops/trainings for the members of the Public Health Committees to explore the priority health areas of each committee.
- Help the members of the committees to draft and develop an action plan for the implementation of the activities that will be carried out by the Public Health Committees
- Monitor and follow up on the activities of the Public Health Committees to ensure that they are working effectively, and report back to IOCC on their progress.
- Coach and mobilize the Public Health Committees to perform their tasks according to a set ToR that needs to be developed together with the municipalities.
- Attend IOCC related staff meetings when required
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Fluency in reading/writing/speaking Arabic and English is necessary
- Good public speaking and communication skills
- Strong social, interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Team player
- Able to meet deadlines
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Experience required: 1 to 2 years
- Working from the office and in the field