Throughout this consultancy opportunity, data and feedback will be collected from the field to better plan and implement livelihood projects in ways which help to boost household incomes while being sustainable and environmentally friendly at the same time. Women’s roles in production and marketing should be enhanced and promoted.
The project is implemented in 3 different location areas in Syria as following:
- Rural Aleppo
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Conduct market analysis which identifies and maps all actors in the value chain; including - market trends in terms of value, volume and market growth; market niches and growth potential; and competitor analysis;
- Assess the state of service providers, technology, existing infrastructure, available capacity, logistical arrangements, policies, productivity levels and other production conditions;
- Identify the gaps, detail the constraints at each value chain step, and indicate appropriate actions to address each constraint/gap.
- Prepare an action plan for development of the activities based on the results of the VCA study.
- Analyse technical and policy issues, strategies and programmes to support the development, competitiveness, inclusiveness and improved impacts of agribusiness, food systems and value chain development in developing regions;
- Participate in developing and reviewing information materials, technical papers and guidelines related to agricultural economics, agribusiness, value chain on topics, such as agro-industrial, investment strategy development, territorial development; market and policy analysis, entrepreneurship; digital solutions/technologies for value chain development, marketing; value chain finance, business support services;
- Contribute to capacity building needs related to the development, competitiveness, inclusiveness and improved impacts of urban and rural livelihood activites and their value chain development; and contribute to developing training materials and activities.
- Contribute to the collection and dissemination of relevant data and information related to agricultural and development economics, agribusiness, food value chains and systems, including for example, trends and developments, approaches, impacts, lessons and good practices;
- Contribute to the organization of and/or participate in meetings, conferences, workshops, consultations and field visits as needed;
Deliverables of the Consultant
- Value chain analysis report
- Work-plan and methodology
- A 10-15 pages evaluation report with clear recommendations for action
- Needed trainings for beneficiaries and staff
- Guidance Material (pamphlets, brochures, manuals) to be developed for beneficiaries
The cansultancy is based in Aleppo and the fees will be paid in Syrian pounds and not in USD as stated in the Remuneration range
How to apply
Kindly check the pdf attached to this vacancy and send your CV to [email protected] with a cover letter and a proposed work plan.
Applications that don't meet the requirements will be disqualified.
Applications tha don't have cover letter will be disqualified.منتهية الصلاحية