Part-Time TL Welfare Officer - Byblos
The TL Welfare Officer’s main role is to provide social support to the students in the TL (Tomorrow’s Leaders) program, to address barriers to learning and to strengthen the safety net for these students. More focus will be required for students-at-risk coming from conflict zones and conservative communities to address adaptation and integration issues.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides support and consultation to the students at-risk with the focus on the well-being of these students
- Acts as a mentor for these students at-risk and empowers them to make informed life choices
- Develops, coordinates and runs relevant prevention programs for these students where necessary
- Works with the student support team of the University for early identification, case management and takes proactive measures to prevent and manage risk behaviors among the TL student population
- Generates regular and ad-hoc reports on wellbeing of TL students
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in a related field (psychology, social work, or counseling); Master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in the social service sector, working with and supporting at-risk population
- PTSD certification is preferred
- Possess passion about working with students at-risk, regarding them positively and believing in their potential
- Be culturally sensitive, emotionally stable, resourceful, resilient, and open to diverse views
- Possess strong organizational skills and problem-solving ability
- Advanced communication skills in both English and Arabic
- Skilled in using MS Office Suite and other applications
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to [email protected], specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, April 26, 2021.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.