The Legal Agenda (LA) is seeking to commission a documentary filmmaker to produce a 20-minutes documentary on the reality of Labor rights in Lebanon in the context of the socio-economic crisis, its challenges, and possibilities of change.
Consultancy Period: May – September 2021
About Legal Agenda
The Legal Agenda is a Beirut-based non-governmental non-profit organization, with a branch in Tunisia. The organization addresses issues of legal activism, reform, and transformation in the context of social and political change in the Arab world. Legal Agenda’s team composed of jurists, researchers, and journalists aim to lift the barriers between the law and society in the Arab region so that those in power no longer monopolize lawmaking, and instead ordinary citizens can understand the process, criticize it, and participate in it.
LA’s specialized and alternative media platforms publish the organization’s socio-legal analysis and comparative research, policy monitoring articles, and journalistic investigations on a daily basis. The organization also engages in strategic litigation and advocacy campaigning to advance socio-economic rights and liberties, particularly on issues that affect the environment, the rights and freedoms of women, refugees, workers, detainees, disabled people, and other vulnerable groups.
Given the specialized but wide scope of the organization, LA’s target audience includes Legal professionals, social actors, community of issue, political actors, media outlets, and the general audience.
In close collaboration with the Legal Agenda team, the consultant will be responsible of:
- Co-writing the Arabic script in close collaboration with Legal Agenda’s legal researcher who prepared a detailed documentary synopsis.
- Visual Research, Design and 2D Animation
- Filming, interviewing and video editing
- Music and sound mixing
- Footage purchase
- Arabic voice over
- Translation and subtitling in English
Related skills and experience
- Ability to work closely with Legal Agenda’s team and engage in back and forth discussions, and ability to propose a clear methodology of collaboration
- Demonstrated experience in documentary production
- Experience in mixing live footage with creative design and animation
How to apply
Please submit the following to [email protected] mentioning as subject of your email “Documentary filmmaker.”
- A portfolio,
- Key Team members bios/CVs,
- A cover letter demonstrating the relevance and strength of your experience for this position,
- Contact for two references
Deadline to apply
The deadline to apply is April 30منتهية الصلاحية