To apply, please send your CV to [email protected] and make sure to mention "Procurement Officer" in the subject line. Preference is given to applicants who can join immediately.
Please apply only if your qualifications meet the job requirements. By doing so, you will increase your chances of getting a fair résumé review when you do apply for a job that is suitable for your qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications received, only short-listed candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The procurement officer reports directly to the Senior Procurement Officer and is responsible for following up on the procurement processes in the Association, from the request to the delivery of goods and services.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with program staff to prepare and update procurement requests, and provide guidance and input to program staff on the feasibility of procurement.
- Prepare plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Issue call requests for quotations/proposals, manage the distribution of the RFQ/RFP with vendors and the submission of quotes, facilitate and lead on opening and evaluation of quotes.
- Prepare summary bid analysis and award decision justification, issue contracts, and obtain approvals where applicable.
- Ensure timely and accurate procurement of all goods according to approved budget lines.
- Maintain a 100% accuracy of the Supply chain ERP System (focus).
- Maintain a 100% accuracy of the Supply Chain Trackers (Procurement plan, invoices, PR, Payments. etc.).
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Maintain and update supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintain a clean and monthly Procurement Plan and ensure all program teams have access to it and have the know-how to read it and use it.
- Create and maintain a vendor/consultant list based on scanning the market against program/department needs to ensure Ana Aqra Approved Vendor List is always updated and maintained.
- Review requests submitted by program staff and issue requests for payments upon tasks/service accomplishments.
- Ensure the proper collection and archiving of new vendors’ files.
- Maintain procurement information management filing system for contracts and expenditures.
- Ensure compliance with Ana Aqra and donors procedures (SOPs) and procurement guidelines and make sure that all staff are well informed and knowledgeable about the relevant donor guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with Ana Aqra, donors, and Lebanese Government rules, laws, and regulations at all times.
- Communicate with vendors in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitor KPIs on the Supply Chain tracker and communicate on progress on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Ana Aqra finance department with procurement-related questions for auditing purposes.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- University Degree in Business, Accounting, logistics or any related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of procurement experience, preferably in an NGO
- Good spoken and written language skills in Arabic and English
- Experience in working with ERP systems
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Ability to integrate and work well within a team
- High level of individual initiative, planning, and sound judgment
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, organization, and decision-making skills.