PSS Project Coordinator
Please send your CV to [email protected] with ‘PSS Project Coordinator - Beirut' in the subject line.
AMURT Lebanon Background
AMURT’s mission is to help improve the quality of life for the poor and disadvantaged people of the world, and those affected by calamity and conflict. It aims to assist individuals and communities to secure life’s necessities and to gain greater social and economic fulfillment, while honoring individuals’ customs, language, and religious beliefs.
AMURT Lebanon registered in 2012 as an independent charitable organization and is affiliated with the AMURT Global Network, headquartered in Washington, USA.
Since 2012, AMURT has been addressing the Syrian crisis and its effects, as well as hardships the Lebanese community is experiencing. Its programs have ranged from disaster relief and emergency response, to psychosocial support, diverse education programs, child protection, social stability, and is currently focusing on the livelihoods sector as well.
Psychosocial Support for Children, Youth, and Adults
Following the Beirut explosion and the events that have been taking place in Lebanon in the past year, AMURT Lebanon in partnership with KNH Germany and OH Germany has been offering Psychosocial Support Program for anyone seeking such services. The program includes free group activities for children and youth, therapy sessions for children, youth, and adults, and consultations for parents or couples. The program also includes workshops on life & soft skills and other awareness-related topics for youth and adults. AMURT Lebanon is therefore seeking an experienced project coordinator to be part leading the program.
To provide overall leadership and management of the Psychosocial Support Project, lead the implementation of the project activities, ensure project deliverables are met as per the proposal, and to supervise and provide technical assistance to project staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead development and implementation of the PSS Support Project. This includes:
- Result1: Training of community focal points
- Result 2: Dissemination of awareness materials
- Result 3: Offering of psychosocial support to children, youth, and adults
- Support all activities and ensure minimum standards for Child Protection are maintained.
- Ensure progress is achieved on the indicators of the project.
- Periodically review the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems for psychosocial programming, in collaboration with M&E team, including the development of M&E tools and methodology, management of reporting mechanisms and information flow, and analysis of program data and impact.
- Continuously identify program gaps, areas of growth, and strategies and support in adapting program design to effectively meet the beneficiaries’ needs.
- Lead the preparation and compilation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting in collaboration with M&E reporting team.
- Lead regular staff meetings to discuss progress, challenges faced, proposed action plans, etc.
- Report to the Program Coordinator monthly on quantitative and qualitative progress, serious issues of concern and team spirit. Report immediately any urgent need of support or serious matters of concern.
- Maintain working partnerships and good communication with representatives of other CBOs, municipalities, local community groups, etc.
- Attend monthly UN working group meetings for Child Protection.
- Liaise with school directors if needed.
- Liaise with the AMURT’s Executive Committee as needed.
Human Resources and Capacity Building
- In collaboration with the Admin and HR officer, identify staffing needs and ensure that appropriate staff for the project are recruited
- Supervise and coach all staff & develop personal monitoring plans for each staff in collaboration with senior staff.
- Ensure that all staff related to the PSS Project, including Psychotherapists, Social Workers, Logistics Officer, and Bus Drivers are complying with the code of conduct, child protection policy and all other policies.
Others as required by the Program Coordinator or Board of Directors.
- Demonstrable technical expertise in the assessment of, design, and delivery of relevant PSS programming.
- Strong experience in training and capacity-building
- Experience with participatory approaches and working with vulnerable groups, including gender mainstreaming and with persons with disabilities.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian Minimum Standards.
- Positive and solutions-oriented leader focused on team-building, problem-solving, and support to the teams and beneficiary communities.
- Committed to equality and social inclusion
- Conscientious, with an excellent sense of judgment
Overall Monthly Reporting: Executive Committee
Collaborates with: Logistics Officer, HR & Admin Officer, Finance Team
Other Contacts: AMURT Focal Points