Strategic Planning and Change Management Lead
Job purpose, tasks and responsibilities
The role of the Strategic Planning and Change Management Lead will be hands-on, working in partnership with clients to help embed new capabilities and empower clients to take ownership of new processes.
- Provide day-to-day, on-site mentorship and technical assistance to develop strategic planning and management capabilities in a wide range of areas, including: risk management; monitoring and evaluation; annual planning and prioritization; communications; stakeholder engagement; project management; business management, leadership, etc. Support clients to develop the skills and confidence to apply new approaches and processes in their work.
- Support productions of analytical reports to support institutional policy and decision making.
- Work in partnership with Siren system developers to define user requirements in developing and designing technical tools (IT-platform and software) to support operationalisation of new processes.
- Develop, deploy, and ensure the uptake of new tools, mechanisms, templates, and processes in support of the above capabilities.
- Design and conduct workshops, meetings, and roundtable discussions, as needed, and document discussion findings in clear, understandable format to inform decision-making
- Remaining responsive to the emergent needs to build longer term capabilities for more effective planning and management.
- Conducting high-level consultations with senior officials and stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of communications materials to a range of stakeholders, such as PowerPoint presentations, briefing memos, etc.
- Develop workplans and progress reports
- Participate in regular work planning and progress review meetings.
- Working closely with and providing guidance and direction to project team members assigned to the workstream managed by the Strategic Planning and Change Management Lead.
- Degree in Social Science, Political Science or related field
- Demonstrable experience of strategic planning and change management
- Demonstrable experience of consultancy work
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Project management skills
- Confident to use of IT -tools (MS Office Suite, Spreadsheets, basic database management, reporting tools)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently and perform well under-pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain good internal and external relationships
- A nuanced understanding of the environment and context in Lebanon
- Demonstrable commitment and alignment with Siren values, namely: Creativity, Commitment, Integrity & Courage, Perseverance, Taking Responsibility, and Valuing Diversity & Difference
- Experience in security sector reform, public sector reform and/or public administration reform
Command of written and spoken Arabic