Call for Interns-Ramadan Initiatives
How to join?
Applicants for the Sharekkna Internship need to go to https://www.sharekkna.com/join-us/ and fill in a rapid form. They will be contacted shortly after.
Sharekkna is an online service for rising specialists, startups, small business owners, CSOs, and NGOs, where they can share videos and stories about their work and their humanitarian initiatives. The main objective is to spread verified knowledge and bridge the awareness gap between the community and the presenters.
The main task for this internship is to contact specialists, startups, and NGOs that have initiatives and campaigns for the month of RAMADAN 2021, to get them on board. They will shoot 60-second videos talking about their Ramadan initiatives. Sharekkna MENA will post their videos and increase the community visibility of their initiatives.
This internship is within the External Relations and Communications Section of Sharekkna. The intern reports directly to the Internship program.
Sharekkna Internship is done usually over 30 consecutive days. The intern will have a target to achieve at the end of every internship with a final report submitted to track and follow up on the work done.
Interns are not financially remunerated because Sharekkna is a free service for community awareness. Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation, and living expenses are the responsibility of interns or their sponsoring institutions. Sharekkna accepts no responsibility for the medical insurance of the intern or costs arising from injury, illness, or death that may occur during an internship.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background and the intern’s assigned tasks.
Nothing is obligatory. Flexibility is here. We care about the outcome and care not to overwhelm the intern with unnecessary stress.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Collecting data that can be helpful.
- Contacting NGOs, Startups, and specialists who have Ramadan Initiatives.
- Collecting content.
- Drafting and preparing press releases.
- Reporting for news stories.
- Doing interviews or podcasts with members on board.
- Following up
- Assisting in other activities as instructed.
- Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and effectively;-listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style, and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Remote Teamwork - Works collaboratively from wherever they are with different Sharekkna team members to achieve set goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; shares an agenda before every task; supports and acts in accordance with a final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Members on board Orientation - Considers all those to whom Sharekkna services are provided to be “members on board” and seeks to see things from “members on board’s” point of view; establishes and maintains productive contact with “members on board” by gaining their trust and respect; identifies “members on board’s” needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps “members on board” informed of progress or setbacks in Sharekkna; meets timeline for delivery of products or services.
- Creativity - Actively seeks to improve the service; offers new and different options to solve problems; promotes and persuades “members on board” to consider new ideas; thinks "outside the box"; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.