Full Time Social Worker (T5 & Akkar)
To apply, qualified applicants should send a resume or CV to: [email protected]. To ensure the timely review of your resume, please insert "Full Time Social Worker (T5 & Akkar))” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please don’t wait for the last date to apply, as IOCC might start interviews before the deadline. Preferable that candidate resides in the areas of concern. IOCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce.
The Full-time Social Worker will be responsible for supporting PHC staff, and meeting the unique needs of each beneficiary in the targeted areas.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Guide patients and provide them with the needed information on existing services at the supported PHC
- Establish a good communication network with the different actors in the area of intervention to facilitate the implementation of project activities
- Identify vulnerable individuals and provide them with the best opportunity to connect to care services
- Conduct a full assessment of beneficiaries’ needs, including mental health needs
- Collaborate with the mental health team on the development and implementation of beneficiaries’ care plan
- Provide needed assistance to the targeted beneficiaries and make necessary and timely referrals to specialized health care services whenever needed, respecting confidentiality and the beneficiary’s right.
- Effectively support persons in crisis
- Follow up with patients to ensure their access to the right services
- Provide awareness sessions on several topics, such as, but not limited to, non-communicable diseases, IYCF, and waterborne diseases and hygiene
- Support the PHC with data entry
- Monitor the implementation of the project activities at the supported PHC and report problems, challenges and issues to the Health Officer
- Hold a monthly meeting with the Health Officer to follow up on the beneficiaries’ status
- Ensure timely reporting of the activities to the Health Officer
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Knowledge of/willingness to build capacity and knowledge in mental health in complex emergencies is a plus (IASC guidelines, Psychological Fird Aid, mhGAP…)
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to ethical considerations and principles with regard to work with vulnerable populations.
- Self-motivated and initiative taker.
- Good report writing skills.
- Ability to communicate with vulnerable populations.
- Dynamic personality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet use.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English; French is a plus.
- 2-3 years of work experience.
- Previous experience in NGO and humanitarian field is an advantage.
- Previous experience in working with children and vulnerable populations is an advantage.
- Stationed at the PHC, with visits to IOCC office when needed.