Senior Accountant - Emergency Response
Upon submission, please include "Senior Accountant - Emergency Response " in the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted selection will be based on receiving funding.
“Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.”
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status. International Medical Corps does not ask for financial details, money transfers or payments of any kind from applicants to be considered for or secure a job.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
When catastrophe hits, International Medical Corps is often one of the first humanitarian aid organizations on the scene providing rapid and effective aid that saves lives, reduces suffering, and promotes self-reliance.
International Medical Corps: provides safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable and patient centered care; offers needs- based response according to the context and type of Sudden Onset Disaster and/or outbreak in the affected nation: adopts a human rights-based approach to their response; ensures they are accessible to all sections of the population affected by the SOD and/or outbreak particularly the vulnerable; and treats patients in a medically ethical manner consistent with the World Medical Association Medical Ethics Manual.
International Medical Corps is accountable to: patients and communities; host government, Ministry of Health; our organization and donors. International Medical Corps commits to a coordinated response under the national health emergency management authorities. International Medical Corps collaborates with the national health system, the cluster and the humanitarian community.
This position will support International Medical Corps' emergency response delivering outpatient clinical care to disaster effected populations by Beirut Blast.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Accountant is to support the implementation of services in an emergency setting. S/he directly prepare all accounting and administrative activities.
This position will support International Medical Corps' emergency response delivering outpatient clinical care to disaster effected populations. The senior accountant is responsible for the daily finance activities, to review and account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments, prepare financial transactions of the country office, and meet the financial reporting requirement including preparation
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation. The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all- inclusive.
- Accounting and Finance Management
- Ensure compliance with the organization and donor regulations and procedures; establishing finance and supporting function policies, systems and procedures, and directing or performing their development, documentation, and implementation
- Prepare the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions in field offices are performing in accordance with internal policy and procedures
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate records of financial transactions of the emergency mission (main and field sites in order to monitor financial status of all response activities)
- Maintain the organization’s system of accounts ensuring all accounting data are updated, reconciled and fully supported
- Working Relationships
- Maintain frequent communication with Emergency Finance Manager to ensure finance activities and objectives are communicated
- 1-3 years of Accounting experience with international projects preferred.
- Experience with accepted accounting procedures desired
- Experience working with INGOs preferred
Essential Competency :
- Commitment to Continuous Learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in the field.
- Communications: Excellent communication and customer relations skills.
- Planning and Organizing: Ability to coordinate work with others, work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines and handle concurrent activities.
- Teamwork: Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective partnership and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Other: Ability to operate independently in austere environment for protracted periods
General specifications for all positions:
- Experience in working closely with community members throughout a program cycle
- Experience in or understanding of program accountability principles
- Knowledge of, respect and empathy for the communities we are working with
- Commitment to championing community and partner points of view
- Strong understanding of the project cycle and of M&E systems
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Non-discriminatory and readiness to involve men, women, girls and boys from diverse backgrounds, particularly the most marginalized segments of the community
- Very good listening and facilitation skills – capable of managing and facilitating group discussions with program participants, local officials, partners and all levels of staff
- Ability to mobilize people – to develop and maintain relationships with staff and communities to ensure their participation in International Medical Corps ways of working
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps.