Request for Trainer Fundraising and Donor Communication Consultancy Trainer (Programmes run remotely from Lebanon office)
The programme supports local civil society organizations (CSOs) to better maintain civic space for successful implementation of peacebuilding and conflict transformation activities. It provides capacity building to selected CSOs so that they are better able to identify community issues and needs in an inclusive and participatory manner. It enables CSOs to have operational capacity as well as tools to implement peacebuilding activities.
Goal and Objectives of the Consultancy
Search requires services of an independent consultant to provide training services for the programme’s interventions. The main objective of the consultant is to enhance the CSOs’ capacity and ensure sustainability by providing the CSOs with the necessary “Fundraising and donor communication” training. The CSOs will learn:
- Fundraising tools, techniques, activities and ideas;
- Fundraising process and misconceptions;
- How to identify potential sources of funding;
- Planning and implementation of events, campaigns and appeals;
- Drafting fundraising strategies with a timeframe;
- Effective donors’ communication plan; and
- Understand and learn donor-retention communications.
These will be shared with the shortlisted candidates, but includes locations in the MENA region. Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, training sessions will be delivered online.
The roles and responsibilities of the consultant will include:
- Coordinate with Search and its other trainers to develop the training content, methodology, agenda, clear objectives, expectations of each session, and training materials in consultation with the project management team;
- Deliver three virtual training sessions on “Fundraising and donor communication” to a group of CSOs;
- Ensure the quality, timely, inclusive and creative implementation of the training opportunities, and guarantee the active engagement of all participants;
- Develop evaluation forms, pre and post-tests, in coordination with Search’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and project teams; and
- Submit a final assessment report on the training sessions, in line with Search reporting requirements and standards.
Requirements of Consultant
The following skills and experience are expected by Search for the consultant:
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a relevant domain;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field of Fundraising and donor communication;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a trainer;
- Previous experience in delivering remote/online trainings;
- Proven experience in the design, development, and delivery of similar trainings and designing evaluation forms and pre and post-tests;
- Ability to tailor training modules to the specific needs of trainees;
- Strong knowledge of the MENA region context;
- Willingness and ability to be flexible;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience in working with international organizations;
- Training will be conducted in Arabic - Reporting will be conducted in English.
How to apply
Intrested applicants are requested to submit the below documents on the following link:
- A clear and brief description of the proposed training methodology and the components of the sessions..
- Cover letter and a detailed CV.
- A financial proposal including the consultants’ rate per session.