“83374842-Expression of Interest for General Contractor for the construction of the new “Arts & Work Center” in Tripoli, North Lebanon.”UDP_NL/GIZ
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
New Construction, General Contractor
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is currently implementing its project the Local Development Program for Urban Areas in North Lebanon (UNP-NL). As part of this project GIZ intends to award a contract to an General Contractor for the construction of the new “Arts & Work Center” in Tripoli, North Lebanon.
The Arts & Work Center once in operation shall serve as a creative hub and shall offer opportunities as a work space, for culture, sports and civic engagement and shall be specifically dedicated to youth and young adults from the urban Tripoli area and the surrounding North governorate.
After completion of the construction works the Municipality of Tripoli will own the Center and will encourages NGOs/CBOS and other non-profit or civil organizations to use the center for their activities and offers to the community.
As per current design development the planned building and scope of work can be described as follows:
The public assembly building, including different occupancies such as venue spaces, incubation center, sport areas, café area, sound studio, children area, offices etc., is subjected to the Lebanese decree no.7964 has a total built up area of approx. 2700m2 with a landscape of 780m2. It’s composed of one basement level, ground floor, mezzanine, three upper floors and a roof. The architectural layout of the building consists of two wings connected with two steel bridges along all floors with an open courtyard in the center. The building façade consist of a certified system and extends at the full height of each floor with different panel/façade configurations.
The building structural system is composed of raft foundation with post tensioned regular and collector slabs supported by concrete frames and shear walls forming with the steel bridges the main lateral forces resisting system.
The sustainability features of the project is ensured by an optimized MEP and architectural design through efficient and advanced systems for all building aspects such as water treatment, renewable energy, air quality, acoustic and thermal levels controls, etc.
The full equipment and landscaping component are included in the contractor’s scope.
The construction period is estimated 19 months from signing of contract.
Tender procedure from invitation to tender until signing of contract is expected to take place between May 2021 and end June 2021.
How to apply
To qualify for consideration in the tender procedure, interested companies are required to submit the following information and documents for eligibility assessment:
1. Official letter expressing interest (letter must be attached)
2. Company details including full company name, full address, phone and email (data/information to be filled in A12)
3. Legally certified copies of original documents defining the constitution or legal status, place of registration and principal place of business (documents must be attached)
4. Copy* of valid registration / licenses (all documents must be attached separately):
- Certificate of quittance issued by the National Social Security Fund for 2020
- Certificate of quittance from the Lebanese Order of Public Works and Buildings Contractors
- Certificate from the Order of Engineers: confirming membership of contractor key engineer to any one of the two Orders of Engineers in Lebanon
- “Good Financial Means” letter
5. Company profile including number of employees (permanent / temporary/ in total) and number of professional staff qualified to perform the works, each for the last three (3) years (to be filled in A12) and short CVs for the key staff (documents like CVs, organigram etc. shall be attached separately)
6. References of works of similar nature as specified above for buildings having public or business occupancies subjected to the public safety law decree no.7964 (performed within the last five (5) years). For completed projects please submit official handing over statement stamped and signed (top 5 reference projects to be named and specified in A12, projects description max 2 DIN A 4 pages per project shall be attached separately)
7. Total value of works for each of reference project named/listed under 6) performed within the last five (5) years (data/information to be filled in A12)
8. Annual total turnover for each of the last five (5) years (data/information to be filled in A12, copies* with official third-party accounting reports for the annual turnover must be attached separately)
9. Evidence of ownership of equipment and machinery necessary to execute the works or evidence of possibility to hire the same (data/information to be filled in A12)
* All certificates should be originals or legally certified copies of the originals
The information and documents specified above shall be submitted to GIZ in PDF format on 22.03.2021 by 23:59 Beirut Local Time at the latest to the following email address: [email protected]
The subject line must be clearly marked as follows:
“83374842-Expression of Interest for General Contractor for the construction of the new “Arts & Work Center” in Tripoli, North Lebanon.”
Please do not send technical or price offer or other documents not requested. Kindly note that complete tender documents will be sent to up to eight (8) best ranked and shortlisted companies that will be assessed as eligible and qualified by GIZ based on the information and documents submitted as specified above. Please note that to be assessed eligible all documents and information’s as per the request must be provided and a total score of at least 60% of max possible points must be achieved.منتهية الصلاحية