Vacancy Notice: [ LE-21-RE-02]
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international non-governmental organization, whose mission is to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants - regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. In collaboration with governmental and non-governmental partners, and through a worldwide network of members, ICMC implements and advocates for right-based policies and sustainable solutions to address global migration challenges. ICMC’s operations are aimed to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals and communities, and focus on protection, humanitarian assistance, resettlement, migration and development.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office and direct instructions of Processing Supervisor, the Caseworker will perform the following functions:
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and implement policies in accordance with US Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees & Migration (DOS/PRM) guidelines for United States Refugee Admission Program (USRAP)
- Conduct work with the highest level of personal and professional integrity. Must comply with and actively promote ICMC's zero tolerance policy with regard to sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment, abuse of power, fraud and corruption in all of its activities and responsibilities
- Commitment to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality and respect of human dignity
- Work closely and follow instructions of the Resettlement Liaison staff to coordinate processing activities and manage pre and post-USCIS caseload
- Conduct refugee pre-screen interviews in accordance with USRAP guidelines and SOPs, including collecting biometric data/photographs of refugee applicants.
- Complete daily activities, including but not limited to scheduling cases, photocopying, scanning, translation of documents, attaching documents to existing system and file creation.
- Complete other daily activities, including but not limit to scheduling cases for medical, receiving and entering medical results and USCIS results, requesting assurances/travel and preparing travel packets.
- Execute pre and post DHS files quality control and file review and file review throughout processing timeline.
- Work on daily quality control reports as well as other ad hoc reports received from tableau system.
- Provide operational and logistical support to USCIS missions outside the office.
- Perform other duties or special assignments as may be assigned to ensure efficient processing and operation of the ICMC Refugee Resettlement Program
- Adhere to ICMC’s standard operating procedures, code of conduct, security protocols and ISMS (Information Security Management System).
- University Degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous work experience with refugee processing is a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS and KEY COMPETENCIES
- Proficiency in Arabic and English language, both written and verbal needed.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and WRAPS
- Respect for diversity
- Proven inter-personal skills and insight into conditions of refugees to treat them with patience and compassion, calmly and tactfully;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage workload
- Ability to identify problems and analyze alternatives to develop recommendations for improvements;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility to perform in a dynamic workplace with strict deadlines and at times with constant interruptions;
- Ability to work effectively under stress and in a multicultural team
- Experience in working in a multicultural work environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a detailed CV of maximum three pages in English, a motivation letter and two professional references with full and up to date contact details via email, to:
The Vacancy Notice number [ LE-21-RE-02] and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
Please mention on your CV if you have any other passport beside Lebanese passport.
Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
The closing date for receipt of applications is [03 Mar 2021].
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to a Zero-Tolerance Policy toward sexual exploitation, abuses and all forms of unlawful harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. Screening of applications includes the vetting for records of prior misconduct and reference checking. ICMC may take other necessary measures to ensure that people involved in substantiated cases of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment will not be recruited.
ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age.
By submitting an application, you agree that ICMC collects and manages the information that you provide. Your personal information will be used for recruitment purposes only. Your application will be treated with strict confidentiality.