Senior social worker in charge of the Community Center of Batroun
The applicant should clearly specify in the subject of the email the position to which he/she is applying or else the CV cannot be shortlisted
A motivation letter is a must.
Applicants who do not hold a degree in social work or has an extended experience will be disqualified.
- Implement activities such as social follow up, case management, social counselling
- Provide leadership and supervise the implementation of all community center activities.
- Provide technical support to the social workers team.
- Manage day to day activities and coordinate logistics for the community center activities
- Ensure that all center activities are in compliances with Tabitha Code of Conduct
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports detailing the progress of projects in the Center, the challenges faced, and the achievements
- Prepare MOU, cover letters, agreements, purchase request note to meet donors requirements
- Coordinate with the project manager, the procurement department for any purchase needed
- Ensure that all beneficiaries are aware of any accountability/ complaint mechanisms;
- Facilitate sessions and implement activities as support for the staff when needed.
- Manage, monitor and track expenses according to the budget; making sure all expenditures are in-line with budget allocation.
- Keep service mapping up-to-date.
- Coordinate all activities within the center and ensure all activities have the tools, space, and resources necessary to carry out the activities.
- Ensure people’s access to impartial assistance in proportion to need and without discrimination
- Actively contribute to the planning process of programs in collaboration with other departments
- Plan and organize regular need assessments and actively participate in developing a need assessment framework and tools.
- Perform, as required, other tasks directed by the Programs Department.
- Work with key members of the beneficiary communities benefiting from the project.
- Liaise with relevant NGOs, government agencies and national institutions in the area to maintain a network and cooperation in psychosocial, protection and educational fields.
- Attending in person or online trainings on safe identification and referral, PSEA, employee engagement, and PFA.
- Report to the line manager in a timely manner with a high standard of accuracy.
- Attend meetings mainly sector working groups and other when necessary.
- Visit the main office in Dora regularly.