Psychologist - Beirut
Save the Children is a global humanitarian organization committed to diversity and inclusion, working towards empowering and protecting children worldwide and in the countries where it operates. Save the Children highly encourages and welcomes receiving applications from qualified candidates regardless of their diverse gender, orientation, disability, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origins, religion and beliefs. Save the Children has a global policy on anti-harassment as well as zero tolerance for discrimination, bullying, sexual exploitation and abuse. All applications will be looked at and treated with the strictest confidentiality and transparency regardless of the diversity of candidates
Kindly apply online using this link: Psychologist - Beirut
Please note that only applications received through the above link will be accepted and applications received by emails will not be considered.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
ROLE PURPOSE: Under the direct supervision of the Case Management Coordinator and with the technical support of the MHPSS Specialist, the psychologist will provide the psychological support needed for children and their caregivers identified through activities of child protection, health and education. The psychologist will provide psychological support and psycho-education to beneficiaries through individual and group sessions.
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 2 - the responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have and direct regular contact with or access to children or young people
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Case Management Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Conduct clinical assessments and develop appropriate support plan.
- Elaborate a personalized case plan for (and with) beneficiaries in close collaboration with the case worker.
- Provide appropriate mental health support through individual sessions for children.
- Provide tailored group support and psychoeducation sessions for parents and caregivers.
- Identify and refer cases to appropriate psychiatric service providers and ensure follow-up.
- Coordinate with Case workers on referrals to additional services or agencies as needed (Health, shelter, legal).
- Work directly with the case-management team to develop and review individualized intervention plans.
- Participate in case discussions with the multidisciplinary team.
- Assist in the development of effective referral systems internally and externally.
- Support SC CM teams in the development and strengthening of the quality of specialized services provided to beneficiaries with MHPSS needs.
- Contribute in the review of child and family psychological assessments tools and guidelines and supervise their administration.
- Assist SC team in developing and documenting a replicable model of psychological support in Case Management.
- Support in the capacity building of SC Staff, through punctual reflective practice sessions and case studies.
- Attend trainings, conferences and workshops that can be relevant to their work (internally or externally).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A university degree (MA, MSc) in Clinical psychology
- Licensed by the MOPH
- At least 5 years of experience in clinical work
- Training and Experience working with children and youth offering psychological support or counselling
- Experience providing psychological support to individuals with experiences of trauma
- Training or experience in facilitating group support sessions is valuable
- Advanced knowledge in psychosocial interventions (Child protection, Sexual and gender based violence (SGBV), etc...)
- Experience working in NGOs and/or in emergency context
- Familiarity with Child protection laws and the National SOPs for case management are a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Arabic and English are required
- Good clinical interviewing skills with children/ adults
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication, problem solving, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to adhere to ethical considerations and principles with regard to work with vulnerable populations
- Commitment to Save the Children values and Child Safeguarding