Communication and Visibility Project Officer
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in English through the ICMPD online recruitment system at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/current-vacancies by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, candidates will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once the relevant data has been entered, candidates will be able to apply for vacancies. Please note that in the course of the online application, the motivation letter and personal CV must be uploaded in the EuropeAid format in English. The template is available for download at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/. All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated above. Applications received after the published deadline, and offline applications submitted via email, fax or post, will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applicants are expected to be available for a personal/telephone interview. In the event of a technical issue with your application, please email [email protected].
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Planning, Management and Implementation of Communications Activities:
- Develop yearly work plans for cross-cutting communications activities for EU IBM LBN3 aligned with the project communications strategies;
- Develop social media strategies for the projects in line with overall communication strategies;
- Provide strategic guidance for the overall EU IBM LBN3 Communication;
- Track implementation of communications activities and the timely accomplishment of communication outputs.
- Propose corrective action when required and implement this;
- Ensure and oversee a systematic monitoring of project communications activities and progress in line with ICMPD monitoring guidelines.
- Ensure data and information gathering for relevant communications components for project monitoring;
- Plan and organise communications activities according to the project´s approved work plan, including communications elements of all project activities and events;
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of a dialogue between the project and partners to ensure that scope and direction of communications activities remain relevant for achievement of the intended results;
- Design and organise communications support for project events, meetings, workshops and other activities with a focus on visual and promotional content;
- Coordinate with, and mobilise experts for media, press and communications outreach during project events, meetings and outputs;
- Coordinate work of experts, consultants and contractors ensuring that communications content and outputs are produced in a timely manner, according to work plan and ICMPD’s quality standards and donor’s visibility guidelines;
- Review and edit outputs and written content (reports, studies, project reports) as well as online content (newsletters and articles);
- Provide input to the ICMPD platform by drafting and uploading content and articles in view of upcoming meetings, by updating the events sections and photo gallery and by developing the existing structure.
2. Project Communications Administration and Compliance:
- Ensure that communications activities are implemented and outputs are generated in an efficient and cost-effective manner in line with the work plan and budget as well as in accordance with partner and donor visibility requirements and communication guidelines;
- Ensure that administrative processes such as procurement and contracting are carried out promptly and in accordance with ICMPD rules and established business processes. Ensure compliance with donor rules where applicable;
- Regularly monitor expenditures and disbursements for communications activities to ensure that budget allocations are not exceeded. Take corrective action as required. Contribute to budget revisions to adjust budget to changes in project work plan. Propose for allocation of savings;
- Initiative and follow-up on recruitment processes of communications experts according to ICMPD’s recruitment procedures (prepare recruitment requests, organise and participate in selection processes and interview panels);
- Initiative and follow-up on procurement processes according to ICMPD’s procurement rules, collect and compile quotations. Participate in evaluations of tenders as member of evaluation panel;
- Act as contract manager. Confirm receipt of services and initiate payments according to agreed payment schedule. Evaluate the performance of experts according to ICMPD’s performance management system;
- Maintain project documentation and content (written, visual, digital) electronically as well as on hard copy files.
3. Content, Reporting and Contribution to Communications Development:
- Provide inputs to implementation of the project(s) communications plan(s) and timeline. Draft content;
- Compile and draft inputs on communications activities to internal and external project reviews and reports;
- Plan, initiate and implement processes for production of content (visual, digital, written) by:
- Editing texts;
- Proof-reading and organising translation;
- Draft script for videos;
- Developing infographs, presentations, lay-outs and visuals;
- Sharing visibility items or communications concepts through presentations to donor workshops, meetings, events and through website and publications, where applicable;
- Reviewing and revising content and ensure that communications outputs are produced according to ICMPD´s quality standards and donor visibility guidelines.
- Update project contact database;
- Identify communications ideas. Develop, formulate and draft inputs to new communications concepts, proposals, work plans and budgets;
- Participate in conferences/meetings/seminars relevant for the project’s communications