Liaises with: other coordinators and partners’ representatives
Supervises: project staff, consultants and volunteer members
Job definition: The project coordinator will be participating in the planning of projects, of the designated field projects including Beirut Response. S/he will be organizing and monitoring the implementation of project activities within time and budget frames and coordinating the efforts of involved staff, consultants and volunteers. Reporting and documentation are part of her/his main responsibilities.
- Oversee overall implementation of the project(s) in accordance with the project proposals, ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective. (including: outcomes and performance indicators, project schedules, work hours, budget lines, propose action plan)
- Manage activity plans including resource needs, covering the time frame of the project (Ensuring project activities adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each activity. Assessing project risks and propose solutions).
- Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation assessments against project objectives are conducted and regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of the programs and interventions during field visits and at other relevant times.
- Maintain an overview of the national context with a view to the strategic development of new projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders, head of clusters and represent the NGO at meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings or field visits with stakeholders, partners and donors.
- Supervising project team members, volunteers and tasks as required.
- Ensure that staff receive appropriate training by providing coaching.
- Promote the health and security of the staff of the designated project(s) by ensuring the application of security guidelines, health and safety in the workplace and healthy living conditions and practices.
- Reflect the values of NGO with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Ensure other tasks as per management request, and providing administrative support.
- Participates in trainings and meetings as per management request
The candidate should hold a university degree in a relevant subject such as Management / development/ business administration or an area relevant to the requested job proficiency. A Master degree is a plus.
A minimum of 5 years experience in jobs related to project management, administration or HR coordination, in NGO context.
Other requirements & skills
- Age: 30 and above and above
- Languages: Fluent in Arabic, English. French is a plus.
- Computer skills: Competent in using Word, Excel and Power Point. Proficiency in project coordination tools is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- honest, transparent, patient and humble
- team player, creative, multi-task oriented
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability
- Hard worker adapting to changing situations
This position requires some presence in evenings or weekends and the availability of a car