Drug Policy Department Coordinator
Interested applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected], mentioning "Drug Policy Coordinator" in the title.
Skoun’s work on drug policy reform aims to promote and protect the right to health of people who use drugs in Lebanon, pushing the discourse and perception of drug use from the criminal to the public health realm. Our human rights centered approach focuses on the right to access treatment services, legal protection, right to information and education about drugs and legal literacy.
The Drug Policy Department Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the department’s action plan in line with Skoun’s strategic and organizational plans
Tasks and Duties:
- Contribute/provide input to the development and implementation of high-quality, multi-disciplinary strategies for advancing Skoun’s objectives, as established in the strategic and organizational plans.
- Support the development of high quality analysis, policy briefings, recommendations and positions related to the advocacy and policy priorities.
- Manage the implementation of projects activities within the expected timelines, budget and following the agreed log frame and M&E indicators.
- Ensure high quality narrative and financial reporting as required to donors, clearly communicating any significant changes to project delivery or spending.
- Coordinate events, campaigns, activities and communications necessary to deliver our strategy.
- Ensure timely data collection and reporting in line with the department’s M&E framework.
- Draft project concept notes and proposals as needed.
- Coordinate the legal aid service of the department.
- Contribute to the development of educational and information material.
- Provide all documents necessary for archiving to the Department Manager.
- Take part in interviews/ articles as needed.
- Prepare regular reports for the Department Manager on the work progress and implemented activities.
- Other tasks as needed.
Education and Experience
- University degree in Law, Humanities, Public Health or any other relevant field.
- Masters level is preferable.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic.
Related Work Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar field.