Protection Field Officer
Please send your CV with a cover letter to the recruitment department, Kindly mention in the email that you will send, the position that you are applying to: "Protection Field Officer" and also please mention in your CV the following information:
- Your nationality
- Your Date of Birth
Any email received without the above requirements will be automatically discarded
Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI) is a non-profit, non-political and non religious humanitarian NGO. Its objective is to provide a comprehensive response, in line with humanitarian principles and applying both needs based and rights based approaches, to conflict affected populations. PU-AMI promotes humanitarian access and dialogue with all components of the civil society and reinforces the capacity of each vulnerable community (refugees, vulnerable host community) to become self-reliant and resilient, by responding to immediate needs and strengthening their socio-economic empowerment.
Today, PU-AMI is intervening in 21 countries in Africa, the Near East, Caucasus, Asia and the Caribbean to cover the needs of populations affected by conflict, natural disasters or economic crises.
PU-AMI in Lebanon has been implementing emergency and recovery projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, in Shelter Rehabilitation, Protection, Health and in Livelihood Recovery sectors.
Under the direct supervision of
under the technical supervision
Deputy Field Coordinator
under the overall supervision
in supervision of
- GENERAL OBJECTIVE
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and in complementarity with the shelter team’s activities, the Protection Field Officer is responsible for the qualitative, quantitative and timely implementation of the activities linked to Cash or Rent (CFR), aiming to prevent risk of eviction and mitigate harmful coping mechanisms such as identification of cases, assessment, participation to the selection committees, follow up on payments, referrals, reporting, etc. When identifying other needs and protection risks, Protection Field Officer will coordinate with Social Worker(s) and Referral Officer(s) in order to provide a comprehensive response. The Protection Field officer will actively contribute to activities related to community based protection and households’ capacity building.
- RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES AND LINKED ACTIVITIES
- IMPLEMENTATION OF ACTIVITIES
In close coordination with the shelter team, the use of cash interventions (notably CFR) has been developed to meet the increasing need to secure rent for households that face chronic vulnerabilities, and to prevent the increasing risk and prevalence of evictions. The Protection Field Officer is expected to:
- Organize, plan and implement all activities with the support of the Project Manager in a timely manner and according to the SOPs;
- Identify needs and protection risks and conduct vulnerability and technical assessments;
- Participate in the selection of the assistance;
- Lead and organize cash distributions according to the final decision taken;
- Work in close collaboration with the Referral Officer in order to undertake referrals to other internal sectors or to external stakeholders and ensure a proper follow up on the referrals;
- Report on a weekly basis the updates of activities to the Project Manager;
- Monitor the situation of the beneficiaries on a monthly basis;
- Respect the design (activity chart) and required methodology of the project;
- Respect the principles of humanitarian protection and confidentiality.
- IDENTIFICATION OF PROTECTION ISSUES, FOLLOW-UP AND REFERRAL TO RELEVANT SERVICES
- Monitor the protection environment on a weekly basis and regularly update the Protection Project Manager;
- Work in close collaboration with the Referral Officer in order to undertake referrals to other internal sectors or to external stake-holders and ensure a proper follow up on the referrals;
- Ensure a regular monitoring of the supported cases;
Safely identify and refer protection risks, with the support of social workers Ensure proper communication with the potential beneficiaries.
- PARTICIPATION TO TRANSVERSAL ACTIVITIES RELATED TO COMMUNITY CAPACITY BUILDING
- Based on a set curricula, participate to and support transversal activities aiming at building household’s capacities, such as life skills and household budget management
- Actively contribute to the design and animation of community based activities, including sensitization on protection related topics
- Promote referrals from the outreach volunteers and support them in conducting their activities
- EXTERNAL COORDINATION
- Be present on different sites and respond to beneficiaries’ queries, including providing information on relevant services;
- Promote successful and strong relationship with other NGOs to ensure a good coordination and a proper support service provision and program activities;
- Propose initiatives to raise awareness on protection related topics in coordination with other actors;
- Attend trainings related to protection and cash activities and assist in organizing trainings if required.
- Update the databases on daily and weekly basis after the committee;
- Report on the progress of protection activities to the Protection Project Manager;
- Report immediately any delay, difficulties and challenges or other relevant information to the Protection Project Manager.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- PRIORITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Contribute to the design of the protection intervention, including the Cash for Rent and Community based activities modalities and provide regular feedback to the management in order to readjust and improve its implementation;
- Contribute to external coordination and representation by attending relevant working and thematic coordination groups related to protection;
- Contribute to PU-AMI’s communication strategy by identifying communication materials and success stories for external dissemination.
- Language skills: Fluent in Arabic and very good in English
- Education degree: Bachelor degree
- Work experience: 2 years of experience in a similar position (NGOs) in protection
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge in protection and social related topics
- Experience in Community based protection
- Experience in PFA, PSS, life skills provision
- Excellent communication and listening skills with persons of concerns (displaced and host populations)
- Effective stress management
- Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines
- Good problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of the humanitarian andcontext
- Excellent ability to work in a team
- Valid driving license is an asset
- Interests: Work in humanitarian action, social welfare.
- Transversal skills:
- Conflict resolution skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to take initiative to deal with challenges
- Capacity to work in an multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Well organized, hard worker and fast learner
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check information, logical mind
- Respectful, neutral and impartial attitude.