The applicant should clearly specify in the subject of the email the position to which he/she is applying or else the CV cannot be shortlisted
A motivation letter is a must.
The MEAL Officer’s responsibilities include:
- To support the Project manager in ensuring project quality, efficiency, effectiveness and relevance;
- To develop, implement and maintain quality MEAL systems and processes for projects, ensuring the capture the progress against outcomes, outputs and activities of the projects;
- To support field staff on the implementation / mainstreaming of the CHS best practices, other global best practices, and ME global quality assurance frameworks and standards;
- To support Dorcas focal point on Accountability to Affected Populations, ensuring that the accountability systems, including complaints and feedback systems are in place and operate according to global standards and SOPs.
- To support the field staff / offices in implementation of the beneficiary data management best practices and standards.
- To collect evidence-based information on impact of the projects on lives on target communities and affected populations, as well as information about changing context that will support future programmatic interventions.
- To support in strengthening staff and partner capacity for quality implementation of MEAL systems. Provide trainings in MEAL – related topics.
- To ensure that learning (lessons learned, recommendations) is extracted from information collected by all project partners, and properly disseminated with the staff, partners, and other stakeholders.
- To support external evaluations and studies.
- Any other official task assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure that adequate MEAL support is provided to planning, and designing of projects, and targeting, selection of beneficiaries, needs and context analysis.
- Ensure that the project implementation is supported by well-functioning MEAL systems, tools, and processes.
- Ensure the project staff and partner staff are trained and confident in using the established MEAL systems, methods, and tools.
- Ensure that MEAL findings and learnings are appropriately documented and disseminated at the different levels and consistently used to improve the quality of interventions.
- Prepare MEAL activity plans according to the approved Project Implementation plan.
- Supervise effective implementation of MEAL activities across all project locations.
- Track project output information, supporting project management, ensuring that the projects are on track.
- Conduct regular field/ site visits and establish quality control mechanisms to ensure MEAL quality standards throughout the implementation of projects.
- Provide regular feedback to project management and partners on various implementation issues and challenges for their early resolution.
- Document and filing data on programme activities, progress, challenges, and learnings.
- Prepare quality monthly reports, sitreps and output trackers on project components. Contribute to the final reports.
- Provide MEAL support for project start-up, review and closure meetings.
- Ensure that evaluations, research, feasibility studies, and case studies are appropriately carried out
- MEAL officer will coordinate MEAL activities across all project partners and participate in relevant coordination bodies.
- Contribute and support needs assessments and response as needed.
- Maintain good coordination and working relationship with partner organizations and other stakeholders.
- Conduct or facilitate MEAL trainings, workshops, and other learning events for Dorcas, and other partners’ staff on MEAL as needed.
Coordinate/supervise MEAL activities caried out by project staff, partner staff, or temporary data collection staff
The MEAL Officer is accountable to fulfil his/her roles and responsibilities in line with ME and Dorcas Code of Conduct, values, principles and to report to the line manager on defined key performance objectives and indicators