Senior Medical Specialist
Kindly submit your cover letter along with your curriculum vitae to the e-mail: [email protected], mentioning the job title in the subject.
Any Email that does not contain a title will be automatically discarded.
Due to the acute need to fill this position, PU-AMI reserves the right to close this vacancy earlier than stated.
Under the direct supervision of the Health Coordinator, the Senior Medical Specialist will be in charge of providing technical mentoring and supervision to PU-AMI’s Medical Specialists and Health Field Teams. S/he will be an integral part of the Health Technical Unit consisting of the Health Coordinator, Pharmacy and Quality Assurance Specialist and the Senior Medical Specialist , working in the key areas or technical supervision and ensuring quality of implementation, coordination, reporting and capacity building. The main goal is to ensure beneficiaries have access to quality health care, while respecting PU-AMI’s overall principles.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all the Primary Health Care (PHC) components are implemented according to the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) and WHO quality standards;
- Develop technical tools and monitoring system to support staff in ensuring the rational use of drugs and diagnostic tests including assuring adherence to the MoPH, WHO and PU-AMI’s guidelines;
- Ensure that protection principles are mainstreamed into healthcare, including identification of vulnerabilities and follow-up;
- Ensure links are made between health status/coverage indicators and social/other vulnerabilities (e.g. vaccination status, nutritional status, mental health indicators, chronic infectious disease, non-compliance with treatment plans, etc.) on a mission level;
- Provide technical support to the Pharmacist and Quality Assurance Specialist on both improvement plans and procurement of medical equipment and consumables to ensure the quality of services provided at the PHCC;
- Analyze mission level epidemiological trends using the Health Information System data in order to provide a continual update on the evolving health situation;
- Carry out regular needs assessments and provide technical input for proposal development;
- Conduct regular supervisory visits to each base in coordination with the Health Coordinator and Health Project Managers.
- Work closely with Health Project Managers and MEAL teams to analyze key morbidities, service utilization, and health seeking behavior;
- Monitor EWARNs for outbreaks and investigates any suspected Outbreak reported;
- Work in collaboration with the Health Coordinator on the development of any health indicators;
- Provide regular health situation analysis.
3-Training and Capacity Building
- In collaboration with the Pharmacist and Quality Assurance Specialist and field teams, monitor medication prescription and promote rational use of medications;
- Provide regular capacity building trainings to Health teams on key health topics decided with the Health Coordinator;
- Work with the Health Coordinator to develop and update standard operating procedures;
- Work with the quality team and Medical Specialists to improve quality of medical services.
- Represent PU-AMI to national and international stakeholders and provides regular updates.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
PRIORITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Provide an accurate analysis of the health needs and the provide regular reports on the evolving health context;
- Promote the rational use of drugs and diagnostic tests;
- Strengthen the system in place at PHCC level building resilience at the primary healthcare level.
Language Skills: Fluent in English and Arabic with a working knowledge of French Desirable
Education Degree: A Medical Degree (MD) and a license to practice medicine in Lebanon/Member of the LOP
Work experience: 3-5 years of proven clinical experience in national health facilities and previous experience working with NGOs as clinical health staff.
Computer Skills: Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
- Willing to travel around the country to provide technical support to our supported health facilities.
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills
Interest: Work in relief and training
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Capacity to work in an multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check information, logical, neutral