Kindly submit your cover letter along with your curriculum vitae to the e-mail: [email protected], mentioning the job title in the subject.
Any Email that does not contain a title will be automatically discarded.
Due to the acute need to fill this position, PU-AMI reserves the right to close this vacancy earlier than stated.
The objective of this Compliance Officer position is to make sure that quality standards are met in the implementation of humanitarian intervention, by conducting internal audits, assisting in the preparation for the external audits, and visiting the bases to do spot checks whenever needed. S/he will also assist the Compliance Specialist in providing a technical reference for the bases in Lebanon about standards to be reached in terms of controls, processes, compliance to the organization’s procedures, Donors’ procedures, and good practices.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support in making sure that all organization and mission’s standards are implemented. Where donor regulations are more stringent than internal regulations, compliance with donor regulations have to be monitored as well;
- Help in implementing an Anti-Fraud and Anti-Corruption action plan at a mission level;
- Develop donors’ compliance sheets and update them as per the new emerging regulations.
- Prepare a checklist for the different departments as per the internal procedures and donors’ regulations;
- Support in preparing an internal audit plan/program;
- Conduct internal audits in the bases along with spot-checks;
- Regularly report the different gaps/non-compliance issues to the line manager;
- Help in providing improvement actions to comply with the regulations;
- Centralize all internal recommendations and support in setting timeframes for the implementation of the corrective actions with the respective person in charge;
- Follow up on the implementation of the corrective actions.
3- EXTERNAL AUDIT:
- Liaise and follow up with the different departments for the collection of the requested documents;
- Support the different departments in the audit preparation when needed;
- Assist in checking the supporting documents before sharing it with the external auditors;
- Support in preparing an external audit plan for the expected audits and share it with the departments;
- Assist in checking the external audit reports and updating the list of recommendations.
- Liaise with the different departments on updating the archiving master list for hard;
- Support the departments in setting the color-coding of the different files as per the archiving guidelines;
- List the needed audit files for the different departments as per the Logical Frame per project and liaise with the departments on updating their soft archiving structure by a delegation of the line manager;
- Help in implementing a labelling standardized system for the whole mission;
- Assist in the documentation of procedures with a well-defined revision and validation levels.
5-COMPLAINTS RESPONSE MECHANISMS:
- Handle the Complaints Hotline;
- Deal with the complaints as per the Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) SOPs by the delegation of the line manager.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Language skills: Fluent in Arabic and English.
Education degree: Bachelor's Degree.
Work experience: Minimum 1-year experience in a similar position. Relevant finance & accounting experience with INGOs will be highly appreciated.
Knowledge and skills: Donors’ Rules and Regulations, National Legal Regulations, Financial/Accounting/Procurement/HR procedures in INGOs.
Computer skills: Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Other: Knowledge of humanitarian actors.
Interests: Work in humanitarian action and motivation to help people in need.
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills
- Effective stress management
- Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability to work in a team
- Well organized, hard worker, and fast learner
- Respectful, neutral, and impartial attitude