Applicants should send their CV and a cover/motivation letter to [email protected] with the reference EMERPSY (CVs without this subject line will not be considered). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Properly assess, diagnose, support and treat mental health cases; respond to emergency cases when needed.
- Coordinate with the case management team, the nurse and the technical advisor for the implementation of all Mental Health (MH) interventions and activities.
- Assist in the coordination of MHPSS activities with PHC and hospital staff as well as other stakeholders.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of psycho-social activities, including group support.
- Raise awareness about mental health, participate in the development and implementation of preventive activities, and various events related to MHPSS.
- Facilitate sensitization sessions and build the capacities of PHCC and hospital staff about MHPSS.
Main responsibilities and activities of the Psychotherapists can change according to the organization of the work and to the composition of the team.
- Diagnosis and treatment of mental health cases in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team
- Support the case manager in assessing the person’s condition.
- Properly assess, diagnose, support and provide appropriate mental health support and/or treatment through individual counselling, group therapy, and psycho-education to all beneficiaries in need.
- Work directly with the case-management team to develop individualized intervention plans.
- Participate to case discussions for the person enrolled in the project with the multidisciplinary team (including case managers, nurse, and any referral organization).
- Make sure the appointments are properly scheduled and respected.
- Ensure proper follow up, including home visits and psychoeducation.
- Ensure that emergency cases are properly taken care of, referred and followed.
- Commit with clinical documentation of all individual and other MH activities.
- Closely coordinate with the technical advisor.
- Development of mental health activities
- Assist in the assessment of mental health needs and proposition of interventions.
- Design, organize and implement MH prevention activities, including awareness raising sessions and group support.
- Participate in establishing and implementing innovative PSS activities, including group support.
- Awareness raising, capacity building and advocacy about mental health and substance use
- Participate in the preparation of awareness/training sessions about MH for staff at PHCCs and hospitals
- Support the case manager in the provision of awareness sessions
- Support in the training of the case management team and other stakeholders on MHPSS issues.
- Participate in the development and implementation of sensitization sessions for PHCC and hospital staff as well as partners’ staff or any interested organization.
- Utilization of the referral system between community and PHCCs and specialized organizations
- Assist in the development of effective referral systems internally and externally.
- Identify referral needs (child protection, GBV, health, shelter, etc), refer and follow up
- Reporting, meetings and documentation
- Daily data collection and entry, respecting deadlines.
- Monthly reporting on mental health activities.
- Participate in and take the minutes of internal meetings and individual meetings.
- Participate in regular meetings with key actors, NGOs/INGOs and PHC, hospital.
- Participate in network/coordination meetings concerning mental health, while maintaining accurate coordination with the CMHC supervisor.
- To behave with self-restraint at all times and respect the dignity and confidentiality of the beneficiaries.
- To be able to work as part of a team and participate in all activities of the mental health unit.
- To believe in concepts of equity, human rights, neutrality and impartiality.
- Demonstrate motivation at work.
- Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in any capacity building activities.
- Respect each team member’s position, work and specialty.
- Adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor. (flexibility).
- Respect different cultures.
- MA in Clinical Psychology with a clear practicum path (at least 500 hours)
- Holds MOPH Licence
- 2 to 3 years of experience in clinical psychology
- Follows individual supervision
- Believes in a comprehensive and holistic approach towards positive mental health.
- Arabic and English languages are mandatory.
- Experience working with NGO is preferred.
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to identify strengths and weakness and in proposing shared solutions for the continuous improvement of providing quality services.
- Strong ability to observe, analyse, report and take initiative.
- Ability to work with a team as well as to work independently.
- Ability to seek, collect, and critically analyse data and information needed to achieve the tasks.
- Clear commitment in the project thematic.
- Ability to communicate any technical or non-technical topic with clarity and to share any important project information with the team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft word and excel.
- Ability to self-reflect on your work, to recognize what needs improvement and to propose solutions.