National Alternative Care & Youth Care Advisor
Interested candidates should forward their CV with a cover letter to: [email protected] no later than December,6
Only shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for your interest
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Under the leadership of the NPDD, contributes to annual and strategic planning and monitoring of progress towards targets.
- Under the leadership of NPDD and in cooperation with other Programme Advisors, actively contributes to putting the SOS Children’s Villages Programme Policy and related policies into practice taking into consideration national legislation and context.
- Supports NPDD in carrying out CRSAs and feasibility studies and participates in the development of concept notes and programme proposals for approval by GSC.
- Develops detailed psycho-pedagogical concepts for new types of interventions in the country jointly with programme staff in the locations for approval by Regional Alternative Care Unit.
- Provides technical expertise to the NPDD and CVPD when setting up new programme units and interventions in a location.
- Supports NPDD, CVPD, Programme unit managers in locations in applying for public funds.
- Provides content wise guidance to programme unit managers in the locations in planning, budgeting, and reporting of programme interventions.
- Leads specific programme development projects as assigned by the NPDD.
- Monitor the PDB2 data for the Alternative Care and Youth Care programs.
- Regularly reports on developments in the specific programme area to the NPDD and the responsible regional PD Unit.
Quality Management, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Jointly with other PD Advisors, supports NPDD in the development and establishment of a national association quality management system.
- Supports CVPD and Programme unit managers in location in implementing quality standards.
- Monitors and evaluates the quality and progress of programme interventions and projects, including through project visits, internal audits, and review of and feedback to project reports, statistics, and self-evaluation results to ensure that interventions are in line with organisational plans, standards, and policies, and with national legislation.
- Supports regional quality audits and external evaluations. Advises and supports the implementation of recommendations.
Human Resources Development
- Supports CVPD in the effective implementation of the HR cycle related to programme unit managers. Participates in the recruitment and on boarding of the Programme units’ managers and programme staff in the location, as well as provides input into annual performance appraisals, and proposed staff development measures for the Programme units’ managers.
- Organises or provides joint training for staff from different locations working. Ensures knowledge exchange between staff working in different locations, including through meetings.
- Advises and monitors implementation of appropriate staffing standards and structures in line with quality standards in close cooperation with national HR Manager.
Research and Knowledge Management
- Documents and distributes lessons learned and good practices to support organisational learning on national, regional and international level.
- Participates on behalf of MA in the regional network and contributes to regional projects.
- Participates on behalf of the MA in international/national studies and research projects.
Partnership building and Advocacy
- Supports NPDD, CVPD and Programme units’ managers in the location in building strong links and cooperation with national government and local authorities, as well as other stakeholders to enhance programme development.
- Joins relevant networks, platforms, campaigns, working groups and advocates on behalf of the organisation for the promotion and protection of children’s rights, especially on issues linked to children at risk of losing the care of their families or children without parental care.
- Participates in relevant national/international conferences.
Child Safeguarding (CS)
- Responsible to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
- Supports NPDD, CVPD and Programme units’ managers in organising relevant preventive actions addressing existing and possible CS risks as identified by the CS risk assessment.
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the national CS focal person or any other member of the national CS team and/or to respective line manager.