Capacity Building Officer
The deadline for submission of CV and Motivation letter is on November 27th 2020. The interested applicants should send their CV to the following email [email protected]. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Written Technical Test in English will be required at the next phase of recruitment, while the shortlisted candidates will also have a panel interview with the Technical Unit and HR.
Terre des hommes- Lausanne is seeking for a qualified Capacity Building Officer, member of the Technical Unit.
The Capacity Building Officer is responsible to:
- Support the building and development of capacities for Tdh’s staff, local partners and other actors (such as national and local authorities) through training workshops and coaching (remotely/online and in person);
- Support the development of the internal pool of trainers; Organize activities in order to enhance the facilitation skills;
- Finalize the development of a comprehensive capacity building package, tools and materials and ensure internal dissemination of the package;
- In coordination with M&E Department, develop tools in order to assess the impact of the capacity building component;
Under the management of the Program Coordinator, the Capacity Building Officer will perform the following tasks:
Strategic Development of Capacity Building:
- Contribute to the identification of needs for capacity-building actions through needs assessment and analysis for Tdh staff, local partners and other actors (such as local and national authorities);
- Contribute to implementation of the capacity-building strategy and coordinate a group of experts working on strategic aspects of capacity building;
- Finalize the development of the capacity building package with the support of Senior Child Protection Technical Officer, Program Managers, Program Coordinators and Technical Global Advisors;
- Lead the creation of capacity building process, action plans and tools for staff and partners;
Delivery of Capacity Building Activities:
- Coordinate the organization and delivery of the capacity-building actions (eg. organizing training, workshops, webinar for local partners and local authorities,
- Monitor and review progress in the implementation of capacity building activities, including design of evaluation frameworks (whether internal or out-sourced), conducting evaluation with partners;
- Maintain an archive of key documents and keep records concerning capacity building plans for reporting purposes;
- Deliver and facilitate training, workshops and organize Training of Trainers;
- Advance the pool of trainers for the organization;
- Coach and review the progress of trainees with the support of M&E department;
Training Resource Information Management and Development:
- Support the Technical Unit for the construction and maintenance of a complete and extensive training resource data base, which should include, at the minimum, a list of training venues, external training resource people/organizations, logistical support actors for training, etc
- Keep accurate training records that are comprehensive and up-to-date.
- With the support of the Program Coord, get involved in the development of a Tdh library (electronic and hard copies) on training and coaching methodologies, practices and topics of interest to Tdh Lebanon.
- Respect the Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct (GCD), Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Prevention from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy (PSEA) and Policy on Gender and Diversity and its principles of child protection, ensuring the policy’s implementation and prompt notification of the CSP/PSEA Focal Point with any information regarding potential breaches of the policy;
- Is aware of, abide by and promote the practices and values set out in all other Tdh policies and procedures such as the Internal Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures and other policies;
- Participate actively in weekly and monthly coordination meeting of the Technical Unit;
- Undertake all other duties that may be requested by the line-manager and that are compatible with the job;
Job Qualifications, and competencies:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Psychology, social work…). Master’s degree will be an asset.
- At least 3 years of experience in humanitarian work in Child Protection, Gender Based Violence& Mental Health Psychosocial Support;
- Excellent knowledge in adult learning
- At least 2 years of experience in implementing capacity building plans.
- Experience of 2 years in facilitating training, workshops with a large group of participants;
- At least one year of experience in training design;
- Familiar with CP minimum standards’
Work related skills/competencies:
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Excellent coaching skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills are required.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Cultural and Gender sensitive.
- High level of flexibility and adaptability
Location/ Travel: Beirut with visits to South, BML, Bekaa
Tdh Foundation, Lausanne has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during work hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff.