Quality Support Officer
Kindly submit your cover letter along with your curriculum vitae to the e-mail: [email protected], mentioning the job title in the subject.
Any Email that does not contain a title will be automatically discarded.
Due to the acute need to fill this position, PU-AMI reserves the right to close this vacancy earlier than stated.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the PHC Department at MoPH, the Quality Support Officer will support the MoPH to ensure proper follow up on the quality standards of PHCCs as per MOPH standards, and to report on a timely and accurate basis as requested.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES AND LINKED ACTIVITIES
1-ENSURE FOLLOW UP ON THE QUALITY STANDARDS OF PHCCS AS PER MOPH STANDARDS
- Conduct regular field visits to targeted PHCCs to monitor the quality of care provided in the PHCCs;
- Monitor the administration of facility level checklists and surveys in coordination with partners;
- Ensure all field documentation (log sheets, attendance sheets etc.) is met;
- Follow-up on the implementation of the initiative at the PHCC level;
- Coordinate quality activities and initiatives with implementing partners;
- Assess progress to targets, and implementation barriers and provide recommendations;
- Monitor the dispensing and rational use of medications, vaccines, equipment and medical supplies related to the health information system at a regional level;
- Assist in on-the-job training by providing or facilitating continuous sessions specific to the need of the PHCC staff;
- Facilitate and support the set up and use of the HIS (Health Information System) at the PHCCs and report back to MOPH on challenges in HIS;
- Monitor the proper usage of the health information system and monitor the completeness and accuracy of patient files and follow up with partners to address issues;
- Follow-up on grievances related to the PHCCs assigned to them (calling beneficiaries, investigating grievances through field visits, etc.);
- Assist the PHCCs in preparing for an accreditation survey;
- Ensure that all standards of practice, policies, protocols and procedures are implemented based on PHC Accreditation standards;
- Discuss with partner, MOPH and PHCC about the improvement action plan, for the PHCC and prioritize the next action plan;
- Organize and participate in surveys (readiness and actual) to assess the compliance of the PHC centers to accreditation standards;
- Participate in the taskforce and represent the inputs to be discussed with partners and MOPH;
- Collaborate other field coordinators in field visits when needed;
- Submit a monthly report summarizing all above mentioned activities to the direct supervisor;
- Perform other tasks as required by the head of the department;
- Participate in the bi-weekly meetings with hiring organization (frequency can be changed as needed). Participate to ad-hoc queries, in coordination with the MoPH, in a timely manner (e.g. donor requests for clarification or additional data).
- Report to the Head of the Primary Healthcare Department at the MoPH;
- Provide progress report to be submitted to hiring organization, when deems necessary, to provide information on activities under the scope of work and any data from quality partner focal point;
- Submit timesheet and report in case of any absence needs to be reported, and any other requested requirement/information as per HR regulations.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Language skills: Fluent in Arabic and English (verbal and written); French is a plus.
Education degree: Bachelor degree in the healthcare field, preferably in nursing; Masters in public health or equivalent.
- At least three years of experience in the health sector, specifically in humanitarian and emergency response;
- At least two years of experience in the primary healthcare sector in Lebanon , experience in quality management is a plus.
Computer skills: Excellent Computer skills Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent, interpersonal verbal and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail, strong analytical, decision making, time management and problem-solving skills;
- High level of motivation, integrity and work ethics.
- Excellent communication and listening skills with persons of concerns (displaced and host populations)
- Effective stress management
- Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines
- Good problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of the humanitarian andcontext
- Excellent ability to work in a team
- Valid driving license is an asset
Interests: Work in humanitarian action.