MEAL Consultant- Syria
Applicant should specify the position in the title.
Applications should include:
- Expression of Interest
- Brief CV along with a succinct rationale of how the consultant meet the requirements
- One recent evaluation work conducted if possible
This consultancy opportunity will be focusing on evaluating the existing projects and assess the quality benchmarks for both MEAL and programming, in implementation areas. Throughout this consultancy opportunity, data and feedback will be collected by beneficiaries and stakeholders to better plan, improve future programming in these areas by identifying and capturing lessons learned. The project is implemented in 3 different location areas in Syria as following: • Aleppo (Hanano) • Homs (Hamidiye) • Rural Damascus (Erbin)
The community review will focus on evaluating our current programs on the ground in terms of appropriateness and whether they are meeting what has been committed in the proposal. Considering our limitations over monitoring what is actually happening on the ground, the documentation and evaluation of what are the gaps identified by the communities is an essential part of this work. Where possible, the focus group discussions will target implementing partner staff and both adult and children groups to have a wider picture of current implementation. Considering the complexity of the context and visibility issues, an independent consultant from Syria or with access to Syria is preferred to conduct this work, and visit implementation areas. The consultant will be provided with the required checklists and guidance to conduct the participatory lessons learned and evaluation with the field staff and communities. Consider the feasibility of interviewing children and making sure that in the request for proposals we ask specifically for their previous experience conducting FGDs with children and young people. We would also ask that we consider the safety of FGDs in context of COVID and what an alternative methodology could be (i.e. remote KIIs, which may be tougher to do with children). The tools and questions guide will be developed jointly with the consultant.
- Work-plan and methodology
- 1-2 pages inception report - which will serve as an agreement between parties on how the evaluation will be conducted
- A 10-15 pages evaluation report
- Supporting documents / Annexes - Attendance Sheets (without names) - If possible, photos of the venues used by the consultant - Transcripts of FGDs/KIIs conducted
- Applicant should hold previous monitoring and research experience
- Applicant should have previously experience working with children and children FGDs
- Applicant should be either from Syria or have access to government controlled areas
- Applicant should have native Arabic language
- Applicant should have strong English writing skills
- Applicant holding a Syrian passport, if Lebanese then S/he should get the visa by themself.
Starting November the 27th, 2020
till December the 23rd, 2020