Due to the high volume of candidacies, only the candidates with the most interesting and adapted profiles will be contacted for the potential interviews.
When submitting an application, please ensure to write under the subject of the email:
“B&S Europe – NAME/FAMILY NAME – Vacancy Office Manager"
Oversight and supervision of the Beirut office:
- Supervise the work of the Beirut Team
- Maintain daily contact with HQ located in Brussels
- Reporting to HQ (Director and Financial department)
- Supervise the finances of the Beirut Office in coordination with the Finance assistant.
- Organise and supervise the workload on the team.
Assist in the business development of the office:
- Meet and maintain contact with relevant donors (GIZ, UE, AFD, UN, USAID etc) in Lebanon and in the region
- Identify new business opportunities with international donors in the area of Good Governance, Security and Justice (incl. via our databases)
- Coordinate and cooperate on new business opportunities in Lebanon and region with the other B&S Teams at HQ.
- Conduct relevant scoping and business mission to the region for business opportunities.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation of technical proposals
Assist on project management and implementation:
- Provide technical support and advice to the project managers as well as weekly checkups on project implementation.
- Supervise financial audits of the projects
- Maintain regular contact with stakeholders, project beneficiaries and donors.
Qualifications and profile:
- Bachelor or/and Master Degree related to the position
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a must;
- At least 3 years’ experience in management
- Experience in at least one of these sectors: Good Governance, Security and Justice Sector.
- Perfect oral and drafting skills in French and Arabic. English is considered a strong asset;
- Experience in the management of project funded by donors (EU, USAID, GIZ, UN)
- Knowledge of the EU procedures (PRAG) is a strong asset
- Experience in a similar position is a strong asset
- Working in an organized and rigorous manner;
- Capacity to work within a team on sound communication;
- Capacity for independent decision-making and taking initiative;
- Interest in working in the field of cooperation and development.