Animated video producer
EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy network that encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and advocates for gender equality and women’s rights as inseparable from democracy building and citizenship, for political solutions to all conflicts, and for the right of peoples to self-determination. EFI seeks to improve and promote women’s rights as universal human rights, the value of gender equality and the use of non-violent means to solve conflicts. Our criterion and position align with the international resolutions and conventions and regional instruments promoting the universality of women’s rights and strengthening women's impact and voices in conflict resolution. You can visit our website to know more about our work: www.efi-ife.org
Political transitions are an opportunity to shed light on women’s rights and gender equality in order to correct the historical exclusion of women from the political sphere. Protecting women’s rights, gender equality, and the principle of non-discrimination based on gender in constitutions recognizes women’s equal status and enables legislative changes addressing the existing discrimination.
In this context, and throughout the years of successful project implementation, EFI has developed important tools such as the “ABC for a Gender-Sensitive Legislation”, a guide that aims to provide a feminist perspective on democratic legislations making in a systematic and accessible way. The guide is the result of a fruitful collaboration between EFI, researchers and activists from Syria and Europe. It combines academic research with a feminist theoretic approach, enriched by the experiences of the women’s rights activists in the EuroMed region.
EFI aims to produce 10 videos in English and 10 in Arabic on the content of the handbook “ABC for a Gender-Sensitive Legislation.” The video will incorporate infographics, animated characters and narration. The animator/firm should have modern production equipment and qualified creative personnel capable of designing creative concepts with guidance from our internal communications team.
The animator/firm will need to:
- Meet with EFI’s team to understand the narrative and get accurate data to be used for the animation
- Develop a Technical and Cost proposal for the production of the animation
- Adapt the story board concepts presented by EFI’s team
- Deliver original artwork and video files
- Consultant will adapt script and narration for overall animation in English
- Capture animation as approved and according to the prepared script.
- Consultant will be required to design animation as per requirements determined by EFI including (sound, editing, narration, subtitling, dubbing etc.)
- Record and prepare background music for the animation.
Qualifications, Background and Experience:
Animation requires a high level technical/professional expertise and creativity; therefore, successful firm/candidate is required to have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated competency with developing and producing video animations and infographics for video infomercials.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic is essential.
- Strong knowledge on women’s rights and gender equality is an asset
How to apply
Requirements for Submission:
The candidates/firm interested in this project should provide the following information:
- A sample of past video animation productions they have directly designed and produced.
- Technical proposal: Outline and methodology for undertaking the video animation, as well as, the detailed work plan showing the assignment’s important activities and milestones.
- Financial proposal: Including a detailed quotation for the production of the video animation showing all necessary costs.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Updated creative portfolio including relevant creative development work and qualifications.
The deadline for submission is the 16th of November 2020. For any inquiries kindly send an email to [email protected] before the 15th November of 2020. Kindly submit the required documents in to: [email protected] indicating the reference: “Animator" in the email subject.
Starting date of assignment: 18th of November 2020
End date of assignment: 18th of December 2020منتهية الصلاحية