Health Officer – Clinic and community based
Interested candidates should submit their Cvs to [email protected] with mentioning in the subject of the mail:
"Health Officer – Clinic and community based "
otherwise their application won't be taken into consideration.
Only shorlisted candidate will be contacted.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Health officer will be responsible for implementing the daily activities in the field mainly providing training, supervision and support to the CHVs and nursing staff . The health officer is to work under the direct supervision and guidance of the Health Senior officer.
- Lead, organize and supervise the assigned teams relevant staff and community health volunteers.
- Provide training, coaching and supervision for nursing staff in PHCs and Community Health Volunteers in the community.
- Assist in formulation of needed IEC materials and approaches in consultation with health staff and the community health volunteers.
- Build relationships and act as link between Medair, communities, outreach staff and supported Primary health care clinics.
- Ensure that data entry forms and templates are used correctly and data are managed timely and with high quality.
- Support the management of a quality health management information system, feeding data into appropriate channels (MoPH).
- Ensure the running of an appropriate drug management system especially the “cold chain” in all PHCs in coordination with the senior health officer, including vaccinations.
- Ensure EPI services are taking place in the supported facilities and health education sessions occur.
- Support an appropriate filing system in each PHC clinic.
- Recommend any improvements or changes in the supported health facilities to the senior health officer.
- Assist in planning and implementation of assessments and surveys as required.
- Reflect the core values of MEDAIR when interacting with team members, staff, volunteers and beneficiaries.
- Provide input to the integration of beneficiary participation into all aspects of the health projects
- Line-manage the health staff and community health volunteers involved in the project.
- Responsible for provision of support through capacity building, on the job coaching and technical supervision of community health volunteers and nursing staff in the supported PHCs
- Assess the training needs of community volunteers and nursing staff in the supported PHCs and ensure that appropriate training is conducted.
- Under supervision of senior health officer, identify and recruit appropriate CHVs.
- Conduct monthly weekly/meetings with health facility staff including discussions on how to improve services at the facility.
- Plan and facilitate training for health facilities staff in close coordination with the senior health officer and health project manager.
- Under supervision of Senior Health Officer prepare PDFs for payment for CHVs and nurses incentive
Communication and Coordination
- In close coordination with the Senior Health Officer, develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the assigned community health volunteer team, PHC staff and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local municipalities, MoPH) with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and partnerships.
- Participate in Medair internal trainings; attend external meetings as delegated by Senior Community health Officer as required, represent Medair and feed back to the Senior Community health Officer / health project manager on relevant issues.
- Refer to the Health Project Manager and/or Medical Advisor before making any commitment on behalf of Medair whether verbal or written.
- Maintain a transparent, honest and supportive communication structure with the PHCs and Medair team and with communities.
- Coordinate closely with the CHVs so that the PHC clinic based activities and community based activities interlink and complement each other.
- Support the logistics activities in close liaison with the senior health officer, particularly in relation to the purchasing of IEC material, supplies and equipment for the assigned PHCs and activities.
- Liaise, as necessary, with the health, logistics and finance staff to ensure items are procured, transported, stored, managed and accounted for correctly.
- Ensure that all standardised formats are used and guidelines are followed.
- Provide accurate regular reports, statistics, and documented results and maintain detailed records of the overall health program activities in the field.
- Submit timely weekly and monthly reports to the health senior officer
- Monitor data entry by CHVs/staff and submit timely weekly and monthly reports to the Senior Health Officer.
- Review facility and community level data from the field.
- Ensure that all standardized templates and forms are used and guidelines are followed.
- Contribute to Medair’s monitoring and evaluation activities.
Any other tasks as delegated by Health Project Manager or Project Coordinator