Senior Health Officer (Immunization project)
Interested candidates should submit their Cvs to [email protected] with mentioning in the subject of the mail:
"Senior Health Officer (Immunization project)"
otherwise their application won't be taken into consideration.
Only shorlisted candidate will be contacted.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior health officer will lead, organize and supervise the implementation of the daily activities, overseeing and line managing the health officers and coordinating with MoPH/UNICEF. The Senior health officer is to work under the direct supervision and guidance of the Health Manager.
- Lead, organise and supervise Medair health officers, immunization nurses and community health project teams
- Build relationships with local authorities, municipalities, leaders, schools and host communities.
- Responsible for training of PHC immunization nurses and community health volunteers.
- Formulate IEC materials and approaches in consultation with health project staff and the CHV’s.
- Provide continuous support to Medair health officers, including supportive supervision, on the job training, regular meetings and field visits.
- Submit timely weekly and monthly reports to the health project manager.
- Act as link between Medair, communities, outreach staff, supported PHCs and local authorities.
- Assist in planning and implementation of assessments and surveys as required.
- Reflect the core values and vision of MEDAIR when interacting with team members, volunteers and beneficiaries.
- Provide input to the integration of beneficiary participation into all aspects of the health projects
- Line-manage Medair health officers.
- Facilitate regular meetings to assist information sharing between project staff and communities, to ensure all staff members and community volunteers are aware of project objectives and current work plans and to provide the opportunity for feedback.
- Responsible for coaching and technical supervision of Medair health officers in order to develop ownership and full responsibility for health and nutrition activities.
- Assess the training needs of community health officers, PHC nurses and community volunteers and ensure that appropriate training is conducted.
- Ensure efficient and effective work schedule is in place for the health team in the field according to the agreed work plan.
- Monitor the team’s performance according to their assigned tasks and provide regular feedback to the Health Project Manager.
- Manage the budget related to immunization project as delegated by the project manager and ensure all expenses are in line with the budget and meet Medair standards with regards to financial management, including accountability and good governance.
- Act as requester for immunization project health budget
- Collect and ensure accuracy of PDF payments for CHV’s and nurses incentives and send to health project manager on a timely basis.
Communication and Coordination
- In close coordination with the health project manager, develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the assigned team, community volunteer team, PHC nurses and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local municipalities) with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and partnerships.
- Participate in coordination meetings related to community health, Medair internal trainings, and other meetings as required, representing Medair and feedingback to the health project manager/project manager on relevant issues.
- Provide updates to the Health Project Manager on a regular basis
- Upon need represent Medair in health sector and other relevant meetings and with local government representatives, international and local non-governmental organizations and other stakeholders.
- Conduct coordination meeting and share information with community leaders and field workers
- Represent Medair during donor visits.
- Coordinate closely with the local community outreach part of the project so that the PHCs activities and community based activities interlink and complement each other
- Support the logistics activities for the project as required and delegated by the project manager.
- Liaise, as necessary, with the health, logistics and finance staff to ensure items are procured, transported, stored, managed and accounted for correctly.
- Supervise the health team to ensure regular collection of the data and documentation as required
- Provide accurate regular reports, statistics, and documented results and maintain detailed records of the overall health program activities in the field.
- Review facility and community level data from the field
- Contribute to Medair’s monitoring and evaluation activities
- Ensure that all standardised templates and forms are used and guidelines are followed.