Area Monitor (Jezzine)
To apply, qualified applicants should send a resume or CV to: [email protected]. To ensure the timely review of your resume, please insert "Area Monitor - Jezzine” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please don’t wait for the last date to apply, as IOCC might start interviews before the deadline. Preferable that candidate resides in the areas of concern. IOCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce.
NB: please mention your residence area in your CV
IOCC is looking for full time Area Monitor for Jezzine, Rihane and Bouswar who will be responsible for monitoring the logistics aspects of the Lebanon School Snacks and Nutrition Education Program in Public Schools in terms of monitoring the distribution of meals, and for following-up on the progress of the implementation of the above-mentioned program, with reporting to the Area Coordinator on his/her findings.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Keep the Area Coordinator informed of all logistics aspects related to the implementation.
- Prepare field visit reports and submit weekly status reports on distribution activities.
- Collect necessary data and fill out daily check forms at schools.
- Collect and enter data in M&E forms on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Work closely with the staff of the Ministry of Education and schools’ administrations and make sure that they accurately provide all required data and information.
- Ensure food safety and security norms and standards are applied, mainly at storage and distribution phases.
- Assist in the implementation of the project activities in schools by training school staff on data entry, data analysis and reporting when needed
- Training school staff on the project aspects if required
- Follow-up on the distribution phase.
- Daily visit to schools participating in the project throughout the area of concern, to ensure that IOCC’s policies and procedures are being correctly implemented and complied with.
- Work with the staff of the Ministry of Education and schools’ administrations on preparing draft distribution plans.
- Report to the Area Coordinator on problems encountered and success made.
- Notify the Area Coordinator of any discrepancies, evidence of misuse, abuse, or diversion of commodities found during distribution, and of any obstacles that may develop or that are foreseen.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Capacity and willingness to travel to the field.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English; French is a plus.
- Friendly and good team player.
- 1 to 2 years work experience.
- Previous experience in NGOs and humanitarian field is an advantage.
- Stationed in the field with frequent visits to schools in the area of concern.
- Visits to IOCC office in Mansourieh for meetings, trainings and related paper work.
- Preferable that candidate resides in the same relevant area.
- The candidate should have a driving license and a car.