Administrative and Human Resources Assistant - G4
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
Further to the increasing portfolio activities in the Region, additional support is required to the existing
structure of the Delivery Support Team with a particular focus on the processing of the HR, Administrative and Financial issues and transactions of the DC Programmes of the Arab region.
The local position will contribute to provide support to the overload work carried by the main core positions in the unit. The position will be funded by approved PSI slippage for the current biennium.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Regional Administrative Services ( C/RAS) and in close collaboration with the HR and Admin team unit, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
Description of Duties
- Perform clerical tasks related to the recruitment and selection for local project personnel,
- resource persons, and other personnel related matters…
- Collect and verify necessary HR related data and information
- Assist in the posting of the new vacancies through the different websites in the HR market
- Assist in the follow-up of the overdue of the Performance Appraisal
- Administer and keep record of the Leave in the system and act as Leave Clerk for the recording of the Leave
- Handle the filing of documents in the Personnel Files including documents of confidential nature
- Types a variety of correspondence, documents on personnel related matters
- Assist in the administrative services unit such as drafting standard correspondence, type and format a variety of documents related to routine tasks in conformity with the ILO requirements and using appropriate software.
- Provide back-up support in making arrangements for internal/external meetings, seminars and other events organized in and outside Beirut.
- Maintain timely and orderly files and official records related to office activities. Search and select relevant information and records for officials upon request.
- Liaise/Request services from other work units inside or outside the office for completion of tasks.
- Assist in Administrative transactions and review of the supporting documents.
Completion of secondary school education.
Four years’ relevant work experience. Practical experience on standard office software packages and
email required by the work unit (e.g. WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint).
Excellent knowledge of English language (written and oral) Arabic language would be considered an
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, organize own schedule, perform routine work independently, meet deadlines and adapt to changing demands and multitasks.
- Ability to use the tools needed to perform the activities of the position, e.g. spreadsheets and record systems.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and manage a heavy workload under time pressure.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures for preparing administrative documents and maintaining file system;
- Ability to compose correspondence and correct documents in accordance with established standards;
- Accuracy and ability to pay attention to details;
- Excellent computer, oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to use initiative and judgment appropriate to situations.
- Customer service experience in order to provide courteous, prompt and efficient responses to internal clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with officials at all levels in a multicultural environment;
- Understanding of principles of non-discrimination and gender equality.