Case Management Officer - Beirut (Re-advertised)
Save the Children is a global humanitarian organization committed to diversity and inclusion, working towards empowering and protecting children worldwide and in the countries where it operates. Save the Children highly encourages and welcomes receiving applications from qualified candidates regardless of their diverse gender, orientation, disability, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origins, religion and beliefs. Save the Children has a global policy on anti-harassment as well as zero tolerance for discrimination, bullying, sexual exploitation and abuse. All applications will be looked at and treated with the strictest confidentiality and transparency regardless of the diversity of candidates
Kindly apply online using this link: CM Officer- Beirut
Please note that only applications received through the above link will be accepted and applications received by emails will not be considered.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
The Case Management Officer will support the implementation and monitoring of case management work under different grants. He/ She will be responsible of managing a team of case workers, ensuring proper coordination with the other case management implementing agencies and delivering timely qualitative reports.
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Case Management Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: Case Workers
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Establishment and management of the Case Management Programme
- In collaboration with the Case Management Coordinator and other CP staff, ensure proper coordination between the PSS activities implemented and the case management work.
- Organize and implement trainings on referral and case management when needed.
- Supervise and coach case workers on the identification, assessment, documentation, referral (to relevant services) and follow-up of at-risk children and families (Case Management).
- Conduct alone and / or support the case workers in family visits if necessary.
- Ensure that case workers respect confidentiality and follow ethical guidelines.
- Document and report the cases closed.
- Ensure that files, registers and computer databases are stored confidentially and are used in an appropriate and correct manner.
- Work across different contexts, including local communities, collective shelters, community spaces etc. with a particular focus on outreach work and support SC staff in identification and referral skills of the most vulnerable children (in line with organizational strategy).
- Receive/ identify and refer cases of vulnerable children and families when necessary to relevant internal sectors and/or external service providers.
- Receive and record confidential documentation on vulnerable children and families cases.
- Provide information on existing social services and how to access them in the different areas of implementation.
Overall Management and Coordination
- Submit reports concerning implemented outreach activities and overview on the case management.
- Participate in weekly coordination meetings at UNHCR level.
- Ensure constant and transparent communication and collaboration with relevant community structures and community leaders.
- Document best case practices and case studies.
- Share information on field-level successes and challenges with the Child Protection Coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree social work or related social studies
- Extensive work experience of working directly in case management and social work
- Experience of having worked in NGOs or in an emergency context
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in project management and supervision of staff
- Ability to write weekly and monthly reports
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approache