Sexuality Hotline Coordinator
To apply, please send an email with subject heading “Sexuality Hotline Coordinator” to [email protected] by October 17th, 2020, including your CV and a cover letter expressing your interest and why you think this position would be a good fit for you.
Do you want to join our team?
We are looking for a part time Sexuality Hotline Coordinator to join our team at The A Project. The A Project, a non-profit non-governmental organization based in Lebanon, works on sexuality, gender justice, and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and we envision a society where women and gender non-conforming people’s sexuality and mental health are reclaimed, cared for, respected, recognized in their diversities, and not weaponized against us. We are looking for a part time Sexuality Hotline Coordinator who shares our vision and passion for social justice and who will bring their experience and knowledge to help us better and expand the impact of the Sexuality Hotline.
The A Project is small team with a big membership base. Similarly to the breakdown of our group, we particularly encourage cis and trans women, trans men, and gender non-conforming people to apply.
Tasks of the Sexuality Hotline Coordinator include the following:
- Ensure the continuity and constant improvement of the Sexuality Hotline service
- Coordinate the shifts of volunteers on the Sexuality Hotline
- Organize regular training and role play sessions for hotline volunteers (preparing the content of training, giving the training, setting up the logistics of the training)
- Evaluate volunteers and assess their readiness to take shifts on the hotline
- Develop supporting material for the volunteers on issues tackled during hotline calls (Frequently Asked Questions, Cheat Sheets, relevant articles)
- Manage volunteer requests and emergencies
- Develop content for outreach materials for the hotline (both online and offline material)
- Organize outreach activities to promote the Sexuality Hotline in all regions of Lebanon
- Maintain the call documentation database and analyze the collected data periodically
- Handle and properly document cash transactions related to the hotline operations (paying volunteers for completed shifts, paying for hotline-related activities)
- Develop a quality assurance system for the hotline
- Plan team building activities for hotline volunteers
- Prepare a budget for hotline-related activities upon request
- Provide a written narrative report on hotline performance and achievements upon request
- Answer press requests for interviews regarding the hotline and finding other opportunities to promote the hotline
- An interest in social justice and sexual and reproductive health and rights (required).
- A master’s degree in public health or a social science discipline OR a bachelor’s degree with sufficient work experience (required).
- Experience in planning, implementing and coordinating projects (highly desirable).
- Experience in preparing and providing training (highly desirable).
- Fluent in Arabic and English (writing and speaking) (required).
- Basic knowledge of windows office (Word, PowerPoint & Excel) (required).
- Previous work, internship, or volunteer experience on issues related to sexual reproductive health and rights and/ or gender justice (highly desirable).
- Familiarity with the Lebanese context as well as the situational particularities of migrants, refugees, gender non-conforming people and non-normative people
- Experience in managing/supervising a large and diverse group of people (highly desirable).
- Experience in feminist organizing and/or writing (highly desirable)
- Fluency in French (desirable)
- Strong planning, follow-up, time management, and organizational skills.
- Motivation and ability to work independently, efficiently, and take initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a diverse group of volunteers with varying strengths, interests, schedules and personalities
- Ability to work well with other organizations
- Ability to find new and imaginative ways of doing things
- Willingness to attend evening/week-end trainings (for which time off in lieu will be given)
- Willingness to conduct field visits in different parts of Lebanon
- Readiness to take shifts on the hotline when volunteers are unable to.
People who have attended the Sexuality Hotline Training, and either are or were counselors, are especially invited to apply.